The New Raith Rovers Thread

14 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

Great news about Musonda, and encouraging news that Hendry is still in talks. I won't miss Ugwu; he wasn't terrible - had a physical presence  but was low on skill. Armstrong is a loss but his crosses won't be missed at all. Now that we've Musonda and some decent players coming in, a much strongr looking defence and the possibility of hanging on to Hendry and Spencer we could have a team that will have the rest of the league shiting themselves.

Gozie Ugwu gave us that back-heeled goal against Hearts and that wonderful finish against the Pars in the play-off QF. Two of the more memorable goals of recent times.

2 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Gozie Ugwu gave us that back-heeled goal against Hearts and that wonderful finish against the Pars in the play-off QF. Two of the more memorable goals of recent times.

He scored three goals. Yes two of them were memorable, especially the one in the play-offs.. Duke scored more 'tho and he wasn't kept. McGlynn didin't see enough in either of them to retain them. I agree with McGlynn.

2 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

He scored three goals. Yes two of them were memorable, especially the one in the play-offs.. Duke scored more 'tho and he wasn't kept. McGlynn didin't see enough in either of them to retain them. I agree with McGlynn.

It was more the ‘Low on skill’ thing I was questioning 

Guest Peter LaFleur
3 minutes ago, Raith_Rasta said:

We’ve ment to of, sighed Liam Dick. Falkirk were after him anaw.

There was a rumour he had signed for you lot in our thread due to the wait of a new manager. He had agreed something with Holt but his deal required the new managers approval before it was sealed. 

Edited by Peter LaFleur

7 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

If we're in the same market as League 1 Falkirk for players it could be a long season ahead....

Maybe, but not the way I see it.

2 years ago we were bargain basement shopping for a 25yr old Airdrie LB who some Airdrie fans said was a duffer, that didn't turn out too badly.

Edited by Scottydog

10 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

If we're in the same market as League 1 Falkirk for players it could be a long season ahead....

He’s played the last 2 seasons in the championship though. Regardless of how shite Falkirk are they still are a reasonably attractive proposition for players who play in the championship.

We signed Brad Spencer from Forfar, and as mentioned, MacDonald came from Airdrie. 

As it says in the article, I think Taylor Sinclair was mentioned but he’s possibly got a better offer elsewhere. 

Pretty happy with the signing of its true. 

Welcome aboard Liam (if it’s true). A cracking player, and one I’m looking forward to seeing next season (if we’re allowed back into Starks)

Edited by baillieinleeds

Would rather mcglynn was bringing in the macdonalds, dicks etc rather than spunking (insert Kenneth) the budget on players proven to be past it tbh. It's worked well for us the past couple of seasons so hopefully continues to.