The New Raith Rovers Thread

Not gonna lie, losing Dan and Macca isn't ideal, and if we do lose Hendry and Musonda it'll be bad but it could be a lot lot worse.

Imagine being a Pars fan knowing that they'll have Peter Grant at the helm next season, mind you Pars fans will be consoling themselves that the didn't get relegated and have Baz & Boaby calling the shots.

6 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

If Kieran MacDonald leaving is the price we need to pay to get rid of this "KMac" and "JMac" patter, you can keep the change. 

image.jpeg.bea5a144ffc10af0bd35238822e99b06.jpeg

Edited by TxRover

Poor draw for the Cup, Brechin about the only positive if we get them away and fans are allowed. Livingston Yawn, played them the last 3 seasons boring away day, soulless Lego stadium and they’re a good team that’ll beat us. Cowdenbeath, hope it’s at Starks as the Thunderdome is a dreadful venue especially with current restrictions on bars and Alloa how many times have we played them in recent years? They’re also a bogey team. Hate the regional setup to this cup, get it nationwide at the group stages and make the glorified friendlies a bit more interesting.

1 minute ago, San Starko Rover said:

Poor draw for the Cup, Brechin about the only positive if we get them away and fans are allowed. Livingston Yawn, played them the last 3 seasons boring away day, soulless Lego stadium and they’re a good team that’ll beat us. Cowdenbeath, hope it’s at Starks as the Thunderdome is a dreadful venue especially with current restrictions on bars and Alloa how many times have we played them in recent years? They’re also a bogey team. Hate the regional setup to this cup, get it nationwide at the group stages and make the glorified friendlies a bit more interesting.

But least the ties are all local. I’m glad we’ve avoided Cove, Brora and county. 

14 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Tbf, we've won the last three games against them.

Whoever thought that Livingstone and Edinburgh were further North than Dunfermline demonstrates the level of intellect among the SFA and SPFL beaks.

Still, from our point of view we're having a break from the annual expensive long trecks to the ex Highland League clubs.

3 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

But the idea of Ray managing Brechin might make it even more interesting…

Whoever thought that Livingstone and Edinburgh were further North than Dunfermline demonstrates the level of intellect among the SFA and SPFL beaks.
Still, from our point of view we're having a break from the annual expensive long trecks to the ex Highland League clubs.

Every year someone can't cope with the fact that the seedings are done before the regional split.

On 28/05/2021 at 15:30, Raith Against The Machine said:

If Kieran MacDonald leaving is the price we need to pay to get rid of this "KMac" and "JMac" patter, you can keep the change. 

I miss the Sando and Gando chat. Who started that?

1 minute ago, Langtounlaud said:

Nothing has been said about Keiron Mcdonald though 

Possibly because he is ‘technically’ still under contract by the club and this is a list of out of contract players

14 minutes ago, Langtounlaud said:

Frankie Musonda has agreed a contract extension. Excellent news.

Discussions still going on with Spencer and Hendry

Link ? excellent news if confirmed.

Edit, not unexpected but Davo gone, hopefully he will get another couple of seasons elsewhere

Edited by keyser_soze

Great news on Musonda, absolutely fantastic. Spencer and Hendry still in talks. 

The only one I think I may slightly disagree with is Ugwu. He may not be a world beater, but I do think he has something to offer. 

Absolutely delighted Musonda has re-signed but leave me questioning who McGlynn’s favoured partnership will be (if we have stick with a back 4). Bene was arguably our best centre back last season, Musonda was great and showed real potential, cant see Berra signing unless he was guaranteed game time, Lang apparently has a promising future but needs to play to fulfil that and I think we can say we’ve seen similar signs with McKay. McGlynn’s given himself a headache but certainly not a bad problem to have.

Kind of gutted to see Ugwu go. Certainly no world beater but done well when he was given a run of games and gave us a plan B and was good at holding the ball up and bringing others into play.

I think if we can somehow keep Hendry, we can certainly push towards the top next season. Would be happy to keep Spencer too, I don’t think he was given the credit he deserved.

Armstrong is a loss. Good attitude, filled in multiple positions and had a good season in terms of goals and assists. I trust McGlynn however that he can get someone in equally as good, if not better.