The New Raith Rovers Thread

IMG_2427.jpg

Best part time player in Scotland. I’m kinda gutted he’s away to be honest. Whoever the LB replacement is has fairly big shoes to fill. But in McGlynn I trust.

What’s the date that that contracts expire? Is it 31st May? I know the club mentioned something in the Friday email, but I’ve since deleted and I can find the deleted email. Cheers in advance.

Been a great signing for the club Macca has and best of luck to him on the next move in his career. 

a shame it won’t be with us but got to respect the mans decision - recently become a father as well. 

Whoever snaps him up will be getting a cracking player.

now upto the bald messiah to get us a replacement.

I can only surmise that either we can't offer him a good enough deal to go full-time or that he, quite sensibly, wants to stay part-time as it's best for his family. 

A real shame as he was a good player for us and gives McGlynn a bit of a headache about who comes in as his replacement. Not an area of the squad where I would say we needed strengthening. More cover, yes, but not an area of weakness. 

Edited by Michael W

20 minutes ago, Jack Jarvis, Esq said:

Seems a dead cert for Alloa

I'd say so too.

Their current LB is Liam Dick and he's out of contract, he (LD) may fancy a move back to a FT club, he's handy and can play anywhere across the back 4 but I don't think he's as good with the assists. Aaron Taylor Sinclair is a more likely option.

7 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

I'd say so too.

Their current LB is Liam Dick and he's out of contract, he (LD) may fancy a move back to a FT club, he's handy and can play anywhere across the back 4 but I don't think he's as good with the assists. Aaron Taylor Sinclair is a more likely option.

Correct me if I’m wrong. Is he the Livi one?

3 minutes ago, Jack Jarvis, Esq said:

Correct me if I’m wrong. Is he the Livi one?

Aye him, Ex-Aberdeen youth, played for Montrose, Partick and Motherwell too.

Yeah MacDonald seems very much like he would enjoy playing for Barry Ferguson.

Shame to lose him, he has been excellent for us. Best part time left back in the country quite comfortably. Hard to believe the Airdrie fans were quite happy to see him leave. Slow start this season with injuries/Covid but finished strongly and been a key part of our success the last couple of years.

Would be quite happy if Taylor Sinclair is his replacement as rumoured but he has big shoes to fill.

Really disappointed with that but if the numbers didn't add up for him financially there's not a lot we can do about that. 

Good luck to him (except when he plays against us) and I hope he gets a good reception on his return to Starks.