The New Raith Rovers Thread

31 minutes ago, Michael W said:

I think Beastie Russell was insinuating we'll need to beat Kilmarnock twice at Rugby Park to win the title... 

From memory we didn’t manage to win any games at Rugby Park when we beat them to the league in 92/93.

59 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
1 hour ago, Beastie Russell said:
Don’t fancy our chances next season, realistically we’d need to win twice in Ayrshire

It's May. We don't have a squad yet. Get a grip.

Grip purchased, irrespective of squad we are shite in Ayrshire and have been for a generation.

im sure you can’t even remember a good points haul from Ayrshire 

8 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

Was only 2 points for a win then, so draws weren’t as damaging

Defeats were still 0 points.

We drew the first game at Rugby Park 1-1. Lost the second one. Forget the score but it was comprehensive.  We only beat Killie once that season and we still won the league by 11 points.

Not that I’m expecting us to win the league next season.

3 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Defeats were still 0 points.

We drew the first game at Rugby Park 1-1. Lost the second one. Forget the score but it was comprehensive.  We only beat Killie once that season and we still won the league by 11 points.

Not that I’m expecting us to win the league next season.

Raith's Head To Head Stats Against Any Team | Soccer Base

5 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

To be fair, making us play them 5 times in January ‘93 was a bit off. Yet still we triumphed.

That famous quadruple header on the 30th is still talked about to this day.

I'd like to see today's modern pampered pro manage that.

1 hour ago, Beastie Russell said:

Grip purchased, irrespective of squad we are shite in Ayrshire and have been for a generation.

im sure you can’t even remember a good points haul from Ayrshire 

We haven’t played at Rugby Park since before a number of our team were born. There’s no metric you can use to say we won’t get any sort of result down there next season. Now you’ve purchased your grip fucking use it you misery.

I remember the last game in the top league in the 90s when we had our great team. They beat us but we missed sitter after sitter, so much so that eventually our support were laughing at every miss. Ally Graham was the main culprit.

I do remember schlepping all the way to Kilmarnock, to hear the game was postponed as we sat in the pub, about 130pm. I also remember Davie Sinclair's turn in goal, and I remember us singing '12 points behind us, you're only 12 points behind us', until they looked set to win and we changed it to 10 points behind us...

Anyhoo. I don't believe 20 year old history matters a lot and I dont agree we need to beat them twice there. Have faith in Raith.

4 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

I do remember schlepping all the way to Kilmarnock, to hear the game was postponed as we sat in the pub, about 130pm. I also remember Davie Sinclair's turn in goal, and I remember us singing '12 points behind us, you're only 12 points behind us', until they looked set to win and we changed it to 10 points behind us...

Anyhoo. I don't believe 20 year old history matters a lot and I dont agree we need to beat them twice there. Have faith in Raith.

Nearly 30 years.

30 years behind us, you’re only 30 years behind us, 30 years behind us!

11 minutes ago, RRPT said:

Hopefully we have clauses in his contract for things like this.

I believe by all accounts that we do have clauses, but whether an U21 cap is one of them who knows. Anyway being named in the squad and actually playing is two different things, that said two friendlies against the same team I'd expect most if not all of them to feature at some stage.

Go Ziggy!