The New Raith Rovers Thread

Both McDonalds are signed for next season as well as Tait,
With the Loanees all back at their parent clubs the ony ones left who I believe have been offered nee contracts are
Hendry, Musonda, Spencer, and Armstrong
Not sure on Gozies position though
Sim confirmed musonda, hendry and Spencer were offered new deals iirc. I'd be happy for Armstrong to stay so happy if your right and he signs up aswell.

I'd keep Ugwu, as a squad player.  He contributed well in the playoffs. 

Hendry I would be over the moon with, but have to be realistic.  Happy to keep Spencer, but dont think he is irreplaceable.  Would be delighted to keep Musonda.

12 hours ago, grumswall said:

Sim confirmed musonda, hendry and Spencer were offered new deals iirc. I'd be happy for Armstrong to stay so happy if your right and he signs up aswell.

If we in the unlikely event that we managed to keep them all, with the stronger defence and maybe sign another decent striker to complement vaughan and Keatings we'd have a helluva team.

Edited by Raith_Raver

I don't think that's right on Kieran Macdonald.prettybsire his contract is up this season and there is of course the matter of whether he's willing to love to FT football to contend with as well. 

I reckon we'll have done all we can to keep Hendry, but it won't be enough. Hopefully Musonda will stay and similarly woukd be happy to retain Spencer and Armstrong. I think we're going to he doing well to keep all three, though. 

Spencer I thought may struggle at this level, but he took to it well when given the opportunity. 

Ugwu I'm not sure about. He's been hit or miss but he does offer us another option and he showed his worth during the playoffs. I'm also conscious that whilst the quality does vary, Abraham and Gullan are both leaving and I imagine Duku will too. Might be overkill letting four go. 

Edited by Michael W

1 hour ago, Raith_Raver said:

The two MacDonalds, Tait

All already signed….

Here the list I have of signed/PCA:

Raith Rovers 2021-2022 Signings and Pre-Contracts: 

Keepers: 
Bow (ma-May 2022), J MacDonald (May 2022), Thomson (June 2023, with GK coach role too) 

Backs: 
Bene (May 2022), Berra (pre-contract, will be Jun 2023), Lang (pre-contract, will be May 2023), K MacDonald (PT-May 2022), McKay (May 2022), Tumilty (May 2022) 

Mids/Wide: 
Arnott (ma) (May 2022), Coulson (ma) (May 2022), Matthews (June 2024), Tait (May 2024) 

Forwards: 
Keatings (pre-contract, will be June 2023), Mahady (ma) (thru May 2022), Vaughan (June 2024), Zanatta (pre-contract, assumed until June 2022)

It's a tightrope for mcglynn, he needs to add quality to build on what was achieved but recruit better than what we have currently. On the other hand he needs to keep the core.of the team as too much change is unsettling and the team loses something. Just to complicate things further he has to work this magic with next to no money. 

1 hour ago, pub car king said:

It's a tightrope for mcglynn, he needs to add quality to build on what was achieved but recruit better than what we have currently. On the other hand he needs to keep the core.of the team as too much change is unsettling and the team loses something. Just to complicate things further he has to work this magic with next to no money. 

We’ve basically kept the core already. Bene, Matthews and Vaughan all started down at Ayr in 2016 in the first league fixture under Locke and odds on they’ll all start the first league game 2021/22. We’ve more core than Torness. We’ll need to add quality, sure. 

Next to no money? No chance. We budgeted 7th place this season and Sim pretty much confirmed we’ll be budgeting for a higher place finish next season. Our budget would torpedo Arbroath or Morton and McCall’s been on record saying he’s struggling to attract players that both ourselves and Partick are after.

Edited by Enigma

15 hours ago, Enigma said:

Next to no money? No chance. We budgeted 7th place this season and Sim pretty much confirmed we’ll be budgeting for a higher place finish next season. Our budget would torpedo Arbroath or Morton and McCall’s been on record saying he’s struggling to attract players that both ourselves and Partick are after.

The difference between 3rd and 7th should be nearly £200k. Add in the £500k support payment and such, and we should make a nice dent in deferred maintenance, debt and such, plus have a little to pay out for players.

17 hours ago, grumswall said:

K macdonald is one of the most interesting aspects this summer imo. On a pt contract and we're going ft. I hope we keep him but it will probably depend on his work outwith football id imagine.

I would have expected that the team has been very clear with him regarding their full-time aspirations and that KMac would have made his intentions clear already. As such, I would have expected movement toward bringing in a LB if he was away (Alloa have Liam Dick, and are dropping a level, not an exact replacement, but an acceptable move, for instance), and the fact that the team hasn’t said anything and nothing has leaked out makes me feel it’s most likely he’s staying and converting to a FT contract.

By the same token, the lack of discussion of Musonda in the speculation out there seems favorable to the Rovers keeping him, and I’d bite your arm off for a two year deal (f**k-off VT). If we move into 2021-2022 with Tumilty/Musonda/(Bene/Lang/Berra)/KMac as our back four, I’d be feeling pretty good.

Edited by TxRover

I think that Rovers are a bit stronger financially for the coming season but not as much as some people think. We lost out on PATG income & that would have included some healthy away supports. Here's hoping we can keep most of our better players , find some good ones, & actually be able to attend matches this coming season.

KMac is an interesting one, we’re going FT but he’s got a contract for next season as PT! I’m guessing he’ll either change to a FT contract (depends on his job outside) or he and the club will come to a mutual termination agreement. Personally I hope we keep KMac as he’s been an excellent signing for us but if we’re serious about going FT he doesn’t currently fit with that.

1 hour ago, JAR said:

I think that Rovers are a bit stronger financially for the coming season but not as much as some people think. We lost out on PATG income & that would have included some healthy away supports. Here's hoping we can keep most of our better players , find some good ones, & actually be able to attend matches this coming season.

Every other club also lost out on PATG income so we should still be in a comparatively strong position.

12 hours ago, Enigma said:

We’ve basically kept the core already. Bene, Matthews and Vaughan all started down at Ayr in 2016 in the first league fixture under Locke and odds on they’ll all start the first league game 2021/22. We’ve more core than Torness. We’ll need to add quality, sure. 

Given that the only name being linked with us has been Charlie Mulgrew and if McCall said it’s hard to compete with Raith does that mean Mulgrew might well be on the starks park radar 😉

Just now, pub car king said:

Would sort out the free kick situation.

I think he would be an excellent signing for any team in the championship mate.  To be honest would think that wages would be a stumbling block for any championship team unless he was willing to take a big drop in wage

1 hour ago, third lanark said:

Given that the only name being linked with us has been Charlie Mulgrew and if McCall said it’s hard to compete with Raith does that mean Mulgrew might well be on the starks park radar 😉

From what I’ve heard we’re not after Mulgrew.

“Raith Rovers are trying to sign Aaron Taylor-Sinclair.

John McGlynn wants the freed Livingston defender at Starks Park next season.

The 30-year-old is considering an offer from the Starks Park outfit.
McGlynn led his side into the Championship play-offs and is looking to build again.

He has already signed Christophe Berra, Dario Zanatta, Tom Lang and James Keatings on pre-contracts.

McGlynn now wants Taylor-Sinclair, who has had spells at Motherwell, Partick Thistle and Livi.”

9BA7B535-5FE5-436C-A24E-CCA91EA35E41.png