The New Raith Rovers Thread

6 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

Kieron Bowie finished the season 6th top scorer in the Under 18’s Premier League last season (North and South) with 15 goals. Seemed to be scoring for fun after an understandably slow start to the season. The players above and around him in the scoring charts are all strikers that have a lot of hype around them so he’s in good company (Only 2 goals behind Dane Scarlett who has had a few appearance for the Spurs first team this season).

The next step would be to establish himself in the under 23’s or go out on loan somewhere you’d imagine. 

Great to see him doing so well, fantastic attitude and no shortage of talent. Hopefully he can continue to develop down there and make us a bit more money one day.

…hummmmm, half season loan to the Scottish Championship? Not sure our use of Abraham encouraged such, but they know we’d play him, just not sure the level is high enough.

39 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

If Kilmarnock are Premiership standard, maybe we aren't far away :lol:

Was just coming on to say this. 

Maybe the conditions aren't helping them, but I think we might actually have been able to beat them. 

Yeah it does make you think we might have been closer than we thought. Anyway I’d be quite happy with Killie coming down. Never been to Rugby Park and I think the relegation will hit them hard.

It'll be interesting if killie do drop. Will they go hell for leather to get back up and throw money at the problem seeing as they have a decent manager already. Or are they going to be in deep shit. 

11 hours ago, CALDERON said:

If Kilmarnock are Premiership standard, maybe we aren't far away :lol:

Tbf they're not, which is why they're in the relegation play off.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf they're not, which is why they're in the relegation play off.

Still, they don't look very good.  If they are to come down, I'd be looking forward to the season ahead - and imagine fans of a few other clubs would be too. 

Laurie Ellis has been appointed manager at Queens Park. 

All the best to him. There was some talk of a change in model at the time McKinnon left, so interesting to see how he gets on with that. He does however have a squad that should be pretty competitive in League 1 as it stands. 

Listening to Laurie on the radio over the weekend, I was actually thinking that in a few years we could well see a scenario where Laurie Ellis is manager, with Mcglynn as a director of football type roll.

Calderon where would Smugger fit into that? I would have thought Smudger as team manager and John McGlynn as Director of Football. I may very well be wrong and you could have hit the nail on the head. We will find out in the future perhaps.🥃

Edited by steakngravy

15 hours ago, Enigma said:

Yeah it does make you think we might have been closer than we thought. Anyway I’d be quite happy with Killie coming down. Never been to Rugby Park and I think the relegation will hit them hard.

I was wondering when we last played Killie at Rugby Park. We haven't played there since the ‘90s. Last time I was there was immediately after the Munich away game and we were humped 5-1.

2-1 is a slender lead though. Wouldn’t surprise me if Killie win the second leg and stay up.

A68AC25B-E1F5-40F1-A759-07369773155B.png