The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just the idea got me a wee bit excited…then I  thought about it a bit, and was still a wee bit excited. I suspect we would be a team of interest to him if he was to become available from his Dundee contract, since we play a type of up game that would suit him, but he’s 35 now. If you want a long shot, why not try Ross Forbes, he’s out of contract at the Sons soon, could add some experience to our youthful team, much like Berra…just not sure he’s still up to Championship play,
Otherwise, Ugwu I wouldn’t mind keeping on a cheap contract, if someone else doesn’t poach him. Musonda must be the priority now!
Edit: I’d be willing to take King again.
I watched Ross Forbes in the League 1 playoff last night vs Edinburgh City. 2nd leg is on Thursday. He's not what we're looking for.

37 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

:wub:

clipping (12).jpg

No doubting he'll be off but you can tell how much the club has meant to him.  He's been quality for us and is capable of playing at a higher level.  Good luck to him wherever he ends up.

With Hendry certain to be gone, I think Brad Spencer becomes the most important of the Musonda/Spencer/Armstrong trio. He is an excellent footballer and does a huge amount for us keeping safe possession and moving through the lines. Lovely to watch as well! For our style, I think he is a central cog and the type of footballer that is hard quite rare in the Scottish lower leagues (as an aside, unsure about his contract etc. but the boy Wilson in midfield for the Pars look similar and a very, very good player).

Hopefully we can keep all three, of course.

Also 50/50 on Ugwu. Showed enough at times to think he would be useful as a different option. But McGlynn might want to roll the dice on some others from down south. If we do sign Ugwu, as our the two options are Vaughan and Keatings, we really need a number 9 that has a bit of everything (presence, quick enough to threaten in behind, strong enough/intelligent enough to hold it and link), a player like Nisbet was for us. (and Duku looked to be in October!).  

Edit to say that whatever happens with recruitment I fully trust SJ McGlynn will have tried his best - and tried harder for our club than any other manager we could employ. His interview post Dundee was the epitome of why he is the most important cog of all. He lives and breathes his work (I think he said he is on it every minute, 24/7 😂, and the crazy thing is it is likely only a slight exaggeration), and seems to really, really care about the club - which is a rarity in football. Hopefully another positive season challenging at the right end to come. Regardless, it is brilliant at this time of the year to be feeling optimistic rather than miserable and despondent, as has been the case for about half a decade now! SJM - what a man 😍

Edited by HIT THE CHANNEL

Aye, he's gonna be a difficult one to replace.... that's for sure.

Genuinely hope if he leaves, he leaves for a definite footballing step up to a team where he will develop as a player. The boy has potential to play at a very high level and, whilst we can't afford to pay him big bucks just now, he will definitely get the right footballing development here at Starks.

Whatever Regan Hendry decides, and ultimately leaves, he’ll have the blessing of every fan of the club. It’s a pity we didn’t get to see these guys play in the flesh. I’ve never seen a Raith team pass the ball so effortlessly, and Hendry was at the heart of it all. This is pie in the sky. But if Charlie Adam were to join 🤣🤣 he’d be that spark in midfield. He maybe doesn’t have the mobility he once had. But by Christ he can pick a pass. 

1 hour ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

With Hendry certain to be gone, I think Brad Spencer becomes the most important of the Musonda/Spencer/Armstrong trio. He is an excellent footballer and does a huge amount for us keeping safe possession and moving through the lines. Lovely to watch as well! For our style, I think he is a central cog and the type of footballer that is hard quite rare in the Scottish lower leagues (as an aside, unsure about his contract etc. but the boy Williamson in midfield for the Pars look similar and a very, very good player).

Hopefully we can keep all three, of course.

Also 50/50 on Ugwu. Showed enough at times to think he would be useful as a different option. But McGlynn might want to roll the dice on some others from down south. If we do sign Ugwu, as our the two options are Vaughan and Keatings, we really need a number 9 that has a bit of everything (presence, quick enough to threaten in behind, strong enough/intelligent enough to hold it and link), a player like Nisbet was for us. (and Duku looked to be in October!).  

Edit to say that whatever happens with recruitment I fully trust SJ McGlynn will have tried his best - and tried harder for our club than any other manager we could employ. His interview post Dundee was the epitome of why he is the most important cog of all. He lives and breathes his work (I think he said he is on it every minute, 24/7 😂, and the crazy thing is it is likely only a slight exaggeration), and seems to really, really care about the club - which is a rarity in football. Hopefully another positive season challenging at the right end to come. Regardless, it is brilliant at this time of the year to be feeling optimistic rather than miserable and despondent, as has been the case for about half a decade now! SJM - what a man 😍

I think you're getting a wee bit confused. Williamson who was at the Pars now plays with Partick -  we binned him a couple of seasons ago. Maybe you mean Iain Wilson? He signed a 2 year deal last summer.

Edited by da_no_1

1 minute ago, da_no_1 said:

I think you're getting a wee bit confused. Williamson who was at the Pars now plays with Partick -  we binned him a couple of seasons ago. Maybe you mean Iain Wilson?

Correct! Thanks - will edit original post. He played no. 15 if I remember? Was a class act in the 2-2 at Starks.

Just now, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Correct! Thanks - will edit original post. He played no. 15 if I remember? Was a class act in the 2-2 at Starks.

He ran the show at EEP in the 4-1 game. He's quality.

38 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Charlie Adam won’t be signing for us ffs. He’ll be on about £5k a week at Dundee for starters.

It's being paid by an external benefactor as well. 

I suspect our bridges in that regard were well and truly burned to the ground with Rudi Skacel.

Edited by Michael W

19 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

You missed Mendy n Gozie 😉

I wonder if Gerrard will loan us Kennedy for the season again, as I think Aberdeen have offered a new contract to Ethan Ross, finding a good playmaker for midfield to replace Hendry is going to be difficult ( maybe Adam has another year at Championship level left in him if Dee manage to get up) 

In McGlynn we trust  

10 hours ago, TxRover said:

Just the idea got me a wee bit excited…then I  thought about it a bit, and was still a wee bit excited. I suspect we would be a team of interest to him if he was to become available from his Dundee contract, since we play a type of up game that would suit him, but he’s 35 now. If you want a long shot, why not try Ross Forbes, he’s out of contract at the Sons soon, could add some experience to our youthful team, much like Berra…just not sure he’s still up to Championship play,

Otherwise, Ugwu I wouldn’t mind keeping on a cheap contract, if someone else doesn’t poach him. Musonda must be the priority now!

Edit: I’d be willing to take King again.

3 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Adam only came back up here because he's a Dundee fan. I'm sure he'll want to play on with them whatever division they end up in. I'm also sure his wages would be well out of our reach. 

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Charlie Adam won’t be signing for us ffs. He’ll be on about £5k a week at Dundee for starters.

Lads, c'mon. (except Hank)

Charlie Adam still easily has the ability to play top flight football. He's never been mobile so that's not an issue. He wouldn't be with us unless he was a fan. Could easily still be earning about double what we can afford to pay him in the English lower leagues.

He's also paid by a fans group rather than the club as he's well out of our wage structure. His next move, if to another Scottish team, would only be in a player-manager capacity which I can't see him or you lot wanting to do anytime soon.

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Lads, c'mon. (except Hank)

Charlie Adam still easily has the ability to play top flight football. He's never been mobile so that's not an issue. He wouldn't be with us unless he was a fan. Could easily still be earning about double what we can afford to pay him in the English lower leagues.

He's also paid by a fans group rather than the club as he's well out of our wage structure. His next move, if to another Scottish team, would only be in a player-manager capacity which I can't see him or you lot wanting to do anytime soon.

I've been saying for a wee while that I wouldn't mind giving him that role at EEP. Like the way he speaks & can clearly still play a bit.

32 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Stevie Crawford resigned.

A true Rovers legend.

Double promotion winner ✔️

Cup final goal scoring hero ✔️

Last Rovers player to play/score for his country ✔️

Oversaw humiliating Pars cup loss at Stark's Park ✔️

Oversaw humiliating Pars national TV thrashing at Stark's Park ✔️

Oversaw Pars promotion play off defeat at Stark's Park ✔️

You're welcome back for the half time draw at anytime Stevie

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

Mcglynn hinted in his post match comments that the style of play may change a bit next season, which I guess is inevitable when we lose someone as good as Hendry.  

Still, excited to see how things shape up.  What we lose in his talent, we may end up gaining in terms of a more "established" player with a bit more experience. 

Thats probably being optimistic though - It's an almost impossible like for like replacement, we were lucky to get him for 2 full seasons tbh.

Are there any other Abraham brothers who can play CM?