The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Can't remember - the only thing I recall is them having a field day after Hendry went off with his ACL injury in the first game at Station Park. 

I've seen a few fans from clubs at this level say they hope they're after Turner but as you said I thought the expectation was he'd jump up a level. Wouldn't surprise me to see him end up at a club near the bottom end. Wouldn't surprise me if he ends up at St Mirren. 

St Mirren or St Johnstone I reckon, his dad played for the buddies. 

Replacing Hendry will be a big job for the Staff as he was clearly a class above this league, interesting to see who John McGlynn has on his Radar. After this season and how we’ve played I’ve got full confidence in the Gaffer and Smudger to find adequate replacements for any we lose. Thought Mendy looked good last night but I think he’ll be released as it’s only one game and he’s not done enough for an extension. Wish the guy all the best if he’s away, maybe a League 1 or 2 team will take a punt on him, Kelty might even be a decent shout.

ETA delighted Lewis Vaughan has made it to the end of the season without a major injury.

Daniel Armstrong likely to be offered a new contract? He’s an Ayr boy and a player I’ve always liked. 
I'd imagine he will have been but it hasn't been publicly stated. He's a very frustrating player as on his day he's unplayable but he's also very inconsistent. I'd be happy to have him here next season.

26 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Daniel Armstrong likely to be offered a new contract? He’s an Ayr boy and a player I’ve always liked. 

Can’t you see we’re ripping the pish out of Falkirk here? 

Doubt Armstrong would go to Ayr. But stranger things have happened. 

35 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Replacing Hendry will be a big job for the Staff as he was clearly a class above this league, interesting to see who John McGlynn has on his Radar.

Interestingly, I’m not sure replacing Hendry will be the chore we anticipate. Hendry was a player who was all over, tracing back, pushing forward, distributing, etc, and much of our style was built around his all-around presence. Assuming JMcG likes the 4-4-2 with a diamond middle, we can fill an AM and DM role with Tait as the AM and a new signing as the DM (or, I know, fire suit on, using someone like King). We wouldn’t be as silky, but would certainly do just fine with Spencer and Matthews as the RM and LM, and by distributing the attack through a couple of players versus more of the current focus on Hendry, we might have more success.

We’ve already moved to (hopefully) shore up the defense, and if the thoughts that we might re-sign Musonda are correct, I think we’re nearly finished there…pending KMac signing full-time. If we add Armstrong back in, we have cover at LB and L/RM, so a CM/AM/DM or two would be useful, depending on how our MA’s are developing. That would leave the attack to be finished, and we have Vaughan and Keatings already, Armstrong would also cover a wing, and getting someone like Ross would be excellent. Ugwu might be nice to keep around as an option.

25 minutes ago, grumswall said:
46 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I'd imagine he will have been but it hasn't been publicly stated. He's a very frustrating player as on his day he's unplayable but he's also very inconsistent. I'd be happy to have him here next season.

Last night was Armstrong at his best and worst. Beating his man as if he wasn't there but his final ball was really poor. 

57 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Yes. Post-match against Alloa he said he absolutely loves it at Rovers and that we've got an excellent group of players here. I'd expect he'll pen a new deal soon. 

Last night was Armstrong at his best and worst. Beating his man as if he wasn't there but his final ball was really poor. 
That's why he's playing championship football. He's young enough to progress and I'd be happy to see that happen at us.

Is this MS gadgie not the same wee baw sack that used to pretend to be a Rovers fan on here by the name of Messi Scott? 
His patter is identical. 
It is. He came back under a new name with the same initials as his previous incarnation. I would never have guessed it was the same person from that Thankfully he talks as much shite the second time around so it wasn't hard to figure out it was him...

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
3 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:
Is this MS gadgie not the same wee baw sack that used to pretend to be a Rovers fan on here by the name of Messi Scott? 
His patter is identical. 

It is. He came back under a new name with the same initials as his previous incarnation. I would never have guessed it was the same person from that Thankfully he talks as much shite the second time around so it wasn't hard to figure out it was him...

Well I suppose if he’s got enough time to to deliberately watch a whole game back just to get a snapshot of Ross Matthews on his arse, he has enough time to create multiple accounts on here.....

I hear there are quite a few clubs sniffing around Tait and Armstrong. Armstrong has history of course, but Tait is under contract AFAIK. In my opinion, neither is as good as they think they are and both would benefit and develop enormously under the current management. Unless a Fulham type club is interested.

16 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

I hear there are quite a few clubs sniffing around Tait and Armstrong. Armstrong has history of course, but Tait is under contract AFAIK. In my opinion, neither is as good as they think they are and both would benefit and develop enormously under the current management. Unless a Fulham type club is interested.

Tait is signed up until 2024 so will take a decent fee for anyone to get him.  Armstrong is good but he hasn't been consistent.  Would be good to see both stay and develop with us.  

The problem with having a good season in this league is that your best players, particularly if they are out of contract, get picked off. Ayr found this to their cost a couple of seasons ago as well. 

Tait is at least  under contract so we can sit in for a fee there if there's string enough interest and it's not his boyhood club wanting to sign him. 

It's good that most the squad is under contract, albeit there are a few that aren't and some of them will get better offers. Let's see what comes up and we can deal with it when/if it happens.