The New Raith Rovers Thread

32 minutes ago, steakngravy said:

Hear hear  Stevoraith. For those that weren't listening to Raithtv last night  Mendy was MOM voted by the aps people.

And deservedly so. Maybe only the second or third time I've voted for the man of the match, but I felt it was only right that Mendy got the recognition last night. 

With all the available evidence, you'd have to say he hasn't proven himself as a Championship level centre half, but he showed last night that he's not the calamity that some would have you believe. McGlynn wouldn't have kept him around if that was the case. 

He'll move on in the summer, but he'll go with everyone's best wishes. His story is an inspiring one, and I hope he gets the success he's earned wherever he goes next. 

Superb strength of character from the players to give a decent performance when it was pretty clear the tie was lost in the 1st leg, also delighted for Mendy, put in a great shift to hopefully erase some of the demons from the past, reckon he won't be here next season but that performance may just give him the chance af an extra season, also think that Rego will be away, surely some of the top 6 Premier sides as well as English Championship sides will have been watching him.

Despite the exit I'm so proud to be a Rovers fan today, also get a chance to put the ICT hoodoo to bed next season, Keatings to score a hat trick against them 😁

Mcglynn found a solution after we lost Nisbet, who is now a Scotland International. Completely trust him to adapt to losing Hendry. 
In fairness alot of the team that was around Nisbet where hopeless. Could see us going after Turner from the pars. Has played well with Spencer in the past and although not the same level of hendry, is more than capable when he has a manager who trusts him.

2 minutes ago, grumswall said:
10 minutes ago, CALDERON said:
Mcglynn found a solution after we lost Nisbet, who is now a Scotland International. Completely trust him to adapt to losing Hendry. 

In fairness alot of the team that was around Nisbet where hopeless. Could see us going after Turner from the pars. Has played well with Spencer in the past and although not the same level of hendry, is more than capable when he has a manager who trusts him.

I've been wondering about this one too. Turner clearly doesn't have a future with the Pars, but he's certainly good enough for the Championship. I suspect his availability might well hinge on whether or not Airdrie get past Morton, though. 

I've been wondering about this one too. Turner clearly doesn't have a future with the Pars, but he's certainly good enough for the Championship. I suspect his availability might well hinge on whether or not Airdrie get past Morton, though. 
If Spencer signs on again then I'd like to think he'd be able persuade him. Would depend on if they were on good terms though. I think we should be an easy sell for young players looking to progress right now.

11 minutes ago, grumswall said:
14 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

If Spencer signs on again then I'd like to think he'd be able persuade him. Would depend on if they were on good terms though. I think we should be an easy sell for young players looking to progress right now.

Where did Spencer and Turner play together out of interest? Not being a dick btw, honestly interested to know because I couldn’t see a link between the two?

Where did Spencer and Turner play together out of interest? Not being a dick btw, honestly interested to know because I couldn’t see a link between the two?
Did they not play together at Forfar?

According to wiki iv absolutely fucked that. I thought Turner was at Forfar when Spencer was.

5 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Did they not play together at Forfar?

According to wiki iv absolutely fucked that. I thought Turner was at Forfar when Spencer was.

You might be thinking of Thomas Reilly. Forfar had a cracking midfielder when Spencer was there: I think they had Reilly, Spencer and Easton all involved. 

35 minutes ago, grumswall said:
42 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Turner will be moving up into the Premier/to Dundee. It's not that we didn't rate Turner, quite the opposite, it's that he wasn't going to sign a contract with a team in the championship just yet. 

You might be thinking of Thomas Reilly. Forfar had a cracking midfielder when Spencer was there: I think they had Reilly, Spencer and Easton all involved. 
I think your right with that. Remember being really impressed by their midfield that season. Was it reilly that banged in an effort from 20-30 yards at starks?
Turner will be moving up into the Premier/to Dundee. It's not that we didn't rate Turner, quite the opposite, it's that he wasn't going to sign a contract with a team in the championship just yet. 
He will be one to watch with interest this summer. Would have taken him at starks happily when he left (as I now know) Stranraer.

1 minute ago, grumswall said:

I think your right with that. Remember being really impressed by their midfield that season. Was it reilly that banged in an effort from 20-30 yards at starks? He will be one to watch with interest this summer. Would have taken him at starks happily when he left (as I now know) Stranraer.

Can't remember - the only thing I recall is them having a field day after Hendry went off with his ACL injury in the first game at Station Park. 

4 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I've seen a few fans from clubs at this level say they hope they're after Turner but as you said I thought the expectation was he'd jump up a level. Wouldn't surprise me to see him end up at a club near the bottom end. Wouldn't surprise me if he ends up at St Mirren.