The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just now, Raithie said:

I think with Berra, Lang, McKay and Bene (?) in there he'll be away and if so happy he's went out with a great commanding performance. 

Yeah that's fair comment. If he does leave he's signed out with a performance that's removed any ghosts from that horror show against Dundee last season. 

What a team. What a season. A joy to watch at times, albeit sadly not in the flesh. Going to be some cracking away games next season if we can get all the fans back in.

We have a fantastic platform to build on.  The experience that guys like Berra and Keatings bring to the table could be invaluable, as we saw with Anderson and Maclean last season. 

Really looking forward to seeing who comes in. 

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

One thing to add from tonight. That tackle by Tumilty at the end to stop Sow. The tie was lost but that determination to still get back and stop him from scoring was outstanding. What a signing he's been. 

This. To run the length of the pitch to get an excellent block in to stop a goal in the final seconds of the game with the tie already gone shows an excellent attitude which the whole team had tonight.

After Wednesday I’d have been happy not to play this game and feared the worst that we could end up taking a real doing chasing the game. However, the team showed a great attitude and this group of players definitely deserved to sign off with a win and on a relatively positive note so was pleasing to see them do that.

Real sadness that is the last time we will see that group of players together and last appearance for Regan Hendry in a Rovers shirt, what a player. Echo Hank Scorpio’s post in the match thread about this being the best Rovers side in the last 20 years or so. Not just the results but the style of football and so many likeable players.

Fair play to Mendy, given the standard of opposition that is by far the best performance he has had for us. However, as said elsewhere, we can’t get carried away after 1 performance and with Musonda, hopefully signing again, we do not need any more centre backs.

Hopefully we can keep hold of Spencer and Armstrong as well. If we can add someone like Ethan Ross and Innes Cameron in addition to an older head in midfield, I think we’ll be in a good position to build on this season and go for the play offs again.

Congrats to McGlynn and Smith and everyone involved with the club for this season, just a shame we couldn’t be there to applaud them off the park and thank them for a great season.

It's a total sickener that we've missed a whole season of Regan Hendry in a Rovers shirt. 

What a player. I really hope that somehow he ends up coming back to us at some point in the future. 

In general, I hope that any of the squad from this season who move on to another Scottish club are given a good reception the next time they play at Stark's. 

I’m so proud of what this club has achieved this season. We ran out of steam in the first leg. Dundee had to spend a shit ton of money to claim second place. Hopefully McGlynn has a back up plan when Lang and Keatings have extended stays in the Lewis Vaughan suite. Guys I’m joking before you burst a blood vessel with seethe. 🤣🤣

I certainly expect that performance will land Mendy with at least a League one or Two side. Still hope Hendry may stay, but doubt it…feel better about Frankie staying. Would like Armstrong back, but wish he’d practice those crosses and set pieces more. Can’t see keeping Duku or Ugwu, but if it had to be one, it’s Gozie. Ross would be a dream to sign.

All the best to Dundee in the final. Damage was done in the first leg with some brilliance from Adam.

So proud of the club as a whole, given us a rollercoaster season in amongst all the doom and gloom. The football played at times has been sensational and is most certainly the best side I’ve witnessed in my lifetime.

Would have been great to give some of the guys who won’t be returning the send off they deserve - shame that was most likely the last we’ve certainly seen Regan Hendry in a Rovers shirt. 

Hes been sensational for us and the kid deserves his shot at higher level if he takes the plunge. 

Cant wait for next season already and all the new faces! 

mon the Rovers 🔵⚪

It's all about building for next season and we have a good core of the team staying and there are pca already to add to areas that are weak so it's just a case of McGlynnio working his recruitment magic.

I think Armstrong, Spencer and K MacDonald are still up in the air.

It's likely the end of the line for Davo, Mendy, Duku and probably Ugwu.

Hendry will be away, hopefully with the best wishes of everyone as he's been a pleasure to watch.

Can't wait for next season.

43 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Airdrie 2 Falkirk 0

That gives us more reason to cry than what Matthews was crying about tonight. If you had just seen his reaction you'd have thought he'd been shot 😆

Can only echo what’s been said. It’s been fantastic. It was actually really funny seeing MacDonald launch it tonight at Dens. Such a rarity this season. Bene and Davo not really what you’d have said as comfortable on the ball in years gone by, but even then this season I’d say have coped well with the transition into playing it out from the back. Of course there’s been times we’ve  overplayed it. But it’s the same as when you watch the top teams like Barcelona. They don’t change how they play, so why should we? Ultimately we did tonight but was kind of forced upon us to do so. 

We’ll have the derbies again next season which is good too for the coffers. 

This season, also like last and basically since John took over we’ve had players who we can get behind again. No shitehawks. Just players that do their all for the club. I don’t think you can question any of their attitudes, that’s down to John and Paul. They are just a great fit for the club.

And as always...

”There’s always next season”

Edited by Wardy

What a season. 

A disappointing ending, sure, but we were always up against it today. To finish third and also get into the play-off semi-final is a fantastic achievement given we were newly promoted. What we've achieved has been beyond our expectations and we have played some excellent football as well. 

As I said in a previous post, I haven't seen many games on account of where I live, but it's been a pleasure to watch us this season and it has reminded me that I do indeed miss it. I've no interest in going to watch football that isn't the Rovers, so I go without at the weekends. 

It is a real shame that we didn't get to watch this team in the ground and indeed that some players have now played their last game for us. 

I got my first dose of the vaccine today. It won't be long before we're all back at Stark's, telling McGlynn to change it and all the rest if it. More difficult for me, right enough, but football behind closed doors is a bit of a sorry sight at times. I can't wait for it to be back properly, along with the rest of society. 

Edited by Michael W

6 minutes ago, MS RR said:

That gives us more reason to cry than what Matthews was crying about tonight. If you had just seen his reaction you'd have thought he'd been shot 😆

Get back to League one you slavering shit. 

D8EA867F-D8C3-4449-A51A-CBE3D93924CF.gif

Fair play to Lewis Vaughan as well who looks to have, once again, overcome a horrible injury without losing his quality.

Excellent finish tonight. Finished the season with 5 goals in his last 8 starts. Only going to get better with a full pre season behind him too. He could be a huge player for us next season. 

That gives us more reason to cry than what Matthews was crying about tonight. If you had just seen his reaction you'd have thought he'd been shot [emoji38]
Nice to see you hiding out here instead of stinking out our threads with you're hilariously wrong predictions :)

Fair play to Lewis Vaughan as well who looks to have, once again, overcome a horrible injury without losing his quality.
Excellent finish tonight. Finished the season with 5 goals in his last 8 starts. Only going to get better with a full pre season behind him too. He could be a huge player for us next season. 
Did anyone else get the fear when he went down in the first half? [emoji17]

Really nice to see John McGlynn being so emotional in his post match interview.

The man clearly loves the club, and he’s so obviously immensely proud of the players and everyone at the club for the season we’ve just had..... and quite rightly so.

There’s honestly not another manager in Scotland I’d take in place of super John. Not saying he’s necessarily a better manager than a Gerrard or a Jack Ross, but I can’t imagine anyone else being a better fit for our club.

Thanks for the wonderful season John, here’s to going one better next year [emoji1360][emoji482]

Oh, and also- I fucking love supporting this little provincial club.