The New Raith Rovers Thread

The difference is King has played, and done so acceptably a few times…Arnott has not, and is adjudged not to be ready to play by JMcG. At least an extra mid is needed, and one of our MA’s doesn’t fill that role if they can’t get on the pitch.

I don’t recall King having an acceptable performance in his time with us. Maybe the same reason you think Mendy should be in our squad.

For anyone with an incredibly keen interest in former players, Fulham's Under 18s are currently live streaming their final game of the season, where a win will see them lift the title. 

They're 1-0 up and approaching half-time. Looks like Bowie is playing off the left with a fair amount of free rein to drift where he likes. 

5 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Please detail a single positive impact that Adam King has had. I'll accept a good pass, tackle, shot or dribble. 

Participation in 10 of 16 games (2 full matches, and more than 50% of the minutes in those matches) while on loan with us. A good number of passes, including ones like the lovely one to Tait just left of goal verses Alloa, that Dylan couldn’t get down onto target, and workmanlike midfield play. Don’t mistake unobtrusive for incompetent. He definitely seemed to come into his game in the later games with us, perhaps as he adjusted to thenplay8ng time and tactics. He is NOT a Hendry replacement, he is currently more like a second Spencer, one of those players you need now and again when injuries or tactics dictate, and might develop above that. With his release, his wage bill is likely to drop, and there is a player in there, and that’s what JMcG excels in developing.

2 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

For anyone with an incredibly keen interest in former players, Fulham's Under 18s are currently live streaming their final game of the season, where a win will see them lift the title. 

They're 1-0 up and approaching half-time. Looks like Bowie is playing off the left with a fair amount of free rein to drift where he likes. 

3-0 win for Fulham U18 to take the title, Bowie close, but didn’t score. Their GD was +53…sigh. Bowie second top scorer with 15.

Edited by TxRover

Well the season ends tonight unless we pull out an absolute masterclass up in Dundee. Overall it’s been a fantastic season and I can’t thank the team and staff enough for what they’ve achieved this season on the back of coming up. Great if we can keep most of this squad for next season to try and build on and I’m happy Mr Sims seems to have a bit of ambition while not wanting to put the club at risk, overall I like what he’s done since coming in and enjoy his honesty in the interviews, he doesn’t hide from the fans even when things aren’t going well. Hopefully John McGlynn has a few players he’s looking at and knows who’s away and who needs to be released so he can start building for next season.

12 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Gave it a good go and went out fighting. Mendy was my motm, fantastic performance. 

Mendy did very well. If we played that style all the time I'd be tempted to keep him on. As I said on the match thread though, we don't so I think it's best to part ways. 

I think it was fitting we ended the season with a win. The team deserved that. They've put in a great effort over the entire season. Well done to all of them. 

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Mendy did very well. If we played that style all the time I'd be tempted to keep him on. As I said on the match thread though, we don't do I think it's best to part ways.

I think with Berra, Lang, McKay and Bene (?) in there he'll be away and if so happy he's went out with a great commanding performance.