The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 hours ago, Michael W said:

I think we almost have to accept that Hendry cannot realistically be replaced. We've been lucky to have a player of his ability and whilst we will of course sign a replacement, we aren't going to get a player like him. The type of player we get perhaps one a decade or less, that has the ability to go much further than Raith Rovers. At any rate, we can't expect his replacement to be a like for like replacement. 

I haven't lived in Scotland for eight years now, so suffice to say I get to see very few matches. It is awful for fans that haven't been able to go and see what has been our best team in years, but I've been privileged to watch us in a way that I haven't been able to do for years. I missed the home games against Dunfermline (2-2) and the first thumping from Hearts, but otherwise watched the rest and also a few of the the away games too. I've unsurprisingly found other things to do on Saturdays, but it has been great to watch us regularly again, with the added bonus that we've been good and had a season that's exceeded expectations. It's been fantastic being able to do this, even if it's only a one off. I have been very fortunate in this regard, seeing something that I otherwise would not have.

It's been a pleasure. 

Check this out but I'm sure the Raith tv commentators on Saturday said that there were plans for clubs to be allowed to stream games to season ticket holders 

McGlynn nominated for Manager of the Year. Very well deserved. 

I do think they've done a disservice here on dates. If St Johnstone win the Scottish Cup, I don't see how you can look past Davidson. Similarly, maybe we'll go and win 5-1 at Dens before a spectacular relegation of John Hughes' Ross County follows* 

*there are a number of straws in my hand, yes. 

34 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

No way should finishing 3rd in this ragarsed league constitute a manager of the year nomination.

Who would your 4 picks be?

I could add Petrie in to the mix but that's about it. And even then I'm not sure if I would have him replace McGlynn or Martindale.

16 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I could add Petrie in to the mix but that's about it. And even then I'm not sure if I would have him replace McGlynn or Martindale.

Maybe Hibs manager? That’s about the only other one that comes to mind. 

Gerrard, Callum Davidson, Jack Ross and Stevie Crawford.

6 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
29 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Gerrard, Callum Davidson, Jack Ross and Stevie Crawford.

Gerrard and Davidson are already two of the other nominees.

On 13/05/2021 at 14:29, Bandohope said:

Check this out but I'm sure the Raith tv commentators on Saturday said that there were plans for clubs to be allowed to stream games to season ticket holders 

Sure I read in another thread that it's up to the individual Clubs whether they decide to continue making their Stream available to "home" based ST holders.  

46 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

David Martindale has won two games out his last 14. I’d suggest he should be the one to drop out. 

As great as the Martindale story has been this season, they didn't win the cup and have been shite ever since. Should be Jack Ross instead of him.

McGlynn is a decent shout.