The New Raith Rovers Thread

Would love to be able to go up to Dundee on Saturday and find a pub with am outside beer garden and TV so we could watch the game and have a couple of beers as well. Even an enterprising Kirkcaldy pub but don't see it happening.

Would love to be able to go up to Dundee on Saturday and find a pub with am outside beer garden and TV so we could watch the game and have a couple of beers as well. Even an enterprising Kirkcaldy pub but don't see it happening.

Exchequer has and ootside telly. No the biggest, but defo biggest space in kdy.

Incredible that a team that finished a clear 20 goals behind Falkirk last season can now finish 12 whole places higher up the league ladder than them this season. 

What a game football is. 

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

Really enjoyed John Sims interview on K107.  Feels like we are actually planning ahead to grow the club.

Also, biggest thing for me yesterday was the change of tactics at half time.  Going more direct swung the game, Dunfermline were not set up for that at all.

46 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Really enjoyed John Sims interview on K107.  Feels like we are actually planning ahead to grow the club.

Also, biggest thing for me yesterday was the change of tactics at half time.  Going more direct swung the game, Dunfermline were not set up for that at all.

Can someone link to it, as I cannot find a way to locate it and listen.

Ta!

Surf shark vpn, is pretty decent on the iPad when I was away with work. Obviously I have no idea what it’s been like the last year. But worth letting you know either way

The only thing I’d take issue with on the Sim interview is this Europe once in a generation notion. I get the whole think big ethos but I’m afraid that feels like absolute pie in the sky. We’ve not been in the top tier since 1997 and have had one major cup semi-final over that same period. I’d rather we focused on learning to walk first and concentrated on trying to reach the Premiership. 

Listened to the Sim interview. Sounds like the Railway Stand is slipping more with repairs to the North and South stands being the priority, followed by Community Hub development/compliance. Mildly disappointing, but not something to be annoyed at. The news on the pitch widening is welcome.

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

The Railway Stand thing will never happen. Just the usual bluster you hear from an owner when they come in. 

Agreed. Absolute pie in the sky his thoughts for the railway stand however at least we have champs league quality floodlight bulbs...

Spending money on the railway stand is unfortunately a total waste of money the club will almost certainly never get back. 

I do however acknowledge the longer we leave it, the more expensive that repairs etc. are going to become. However, we don't need it and the club racked up some pretty bad losses in League One that this season should hopefully put a significant dent in. Keeping the club on a good financial footing should be the immediate priority. 

10 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

The only thing I’d take issue with on the Sim interview is this Europe once in a generation notion. I get the whole think big ethos but I’m afraid that feels like absolute pie in the sky. We’ve not been in the top tier since 1997 and have had one major cup semi-final over that same period. I’d rather we focused on learning to walk first and concentrated on trying to reach the Premiership. 

I don't mind it so much.  ICT and St Johnstone have played in Europe in the past decade, and it's on the radar of clubs like Livingston and St Mirren.  Its a million miles away from where we are just now, but to aim towards being mid table in the Premiership or able to reach a National cup final, in the next 20 years, isn't beyond the realms of possibility - and both of those things at least put European football on the radar.

Like or loath Sim, there is ambition, a plan, but tempered with ability and caution with regards to the finances.  The club feels like it has an actual plan in place to grow and go forward - rather than job about between this league and League 1, as we have done for the last 20 years.  Doesn't mean that won't happen, we are always one bad season away from disaster, but I feel far more comfortable with the running of the club than I did a few years back.

I've had this feeling for the past year that going down to League 1 and having to bring Mcglynn back to clean the mess up will end up being the best thing that could have possibly happened to the club. 

Edited by CALDERON