The New Raith Rovers Thread

Even though I was really young in the 90's, this has to be the best Rovers team that I have experienced, with both John McGlynn and Paul Smith being the best management duo. 

From a team that finished third in League 1 just few years back, now to a team who is competing to join the Premiership. 

There were times I thought we'd never get of the seaside league, and I was worried that McGlynn and Smith's appointments would tarnish their reputations should it all go south. How glad I am that it has only bolstered their legacy as Raith heroes in my eyes. 

No matter how the Dundee games go, this has been a season to remember. At the beginning of this season I was happy if we survived and didn't get relegated. The fact we've come this far is nothing short of amazing and I can only hope that it continues. 

Anyway I have been  impressed by the teams performances over this season. They have probably done better than the management duo hope for and that is testament to the spirit within the squad. If we don't get past Dundee over the two legs it's not the end of the world it just sets the goalposts that we are aiming for a little higher for next season.

Edited by steakngravy

On 05/05/2021 at 13:24, embow said:

Thank you sir! 

I'm actually feeling a bit of sympathy for East Fife given they have more points than those self entitlement  bunch of Bairns and they can't even move up a place in the league, far less making the play offs.S 

Ah well! It's the best of the rest I suppose.🥺

Aye this split pish ? FFS . 🤷‍♂️

She's fine thank you , will pass on your regards tho [emoji1]

You seem to have mellowed tazz, fair play. Congrats on gaining more points than falkirk this season. We did it when it was cool to do it though...

After many saying the 2 games with Dundee are on the telly with BBC Scotland, why does my SKY tv guide still say one of 2 championship semi finals?

1 minute ago, Brashy's Boots said:
8 minutes ago, G51 said:
Anyone know if the Kennedy injury is a bad one?

Bad enough. McGlynn said in interview that he doesn't think Kennedy will make the Dundee game.

Thanks. That’s a shame. Even if he plays no part in the rest of the season he’s still had a brilliant first year of professional football, but it would have been nice to see him play a part in the big games at the end of the year.

1 hour ago, G51 said:

Thanks. That’s a shame. Even if he plays no part in the rest of the season he’s still had a brilliant first year of professional football, but it would have been nice to see him play a part in the big games at the end of the year.

Hopefully he might be fit for the final if we get there, although McGlynn is sometimes a bit coy when speaking about injuries in interviews, so he might just make Dundee. 

He's certainly been a positive for the Rovers since his arrival. 

Definitely one of the good loanees we've had from Rangers, along with Ryan Hardie and Kieran Wright, as opposed to wasters like Jordan Thompson, Scott Roberts and Jamie Barjonas. 

Only speaking for myself here but I feel like yesterday was a bit of a final for our season: the difference between a really good one and a slightly disappointing end came down to 45 mins. Totally buoyant now though. 

The Dundee games are well worth turning up for and not making a good fist of it would be a shame, but we definitely have 'good season' in the bank now. It's not a 'free hit' and there should still be an expectation to be competitive, but we can go into with only 'good' pressure, unlike the opposition.