The New Raith Rovers Thread

I get why they put it back, i also understand that both clubs will have different squads but this decision is a little embarrassing. Why can’t this game have been played behind closed doors like they have done all season? We won the league as as we were top when it ended (and had been pretty much all season) but this is different.

Just now, Zen Archer Esq. said:

1891 Dumbarton and Oldco shared the league title.

That's the only instance I can think of. The Scottish Cup wasn't awarded in 1909 after a final and two replays which led to a protest riot at Hampden from both Oldco and 'Tic fans.

4 minutes ago, RRFC1989 said:

I get why they put it back, i also understand that both clubs will have different squads but this decision is a little embarrassing. Why can’t this game have been played behind closed doors like they have done all season? We won the league as as we were top when it ended (and had been pretty much all season) but this is different.

Oor name's on the cup! It most likely wouldn't have been if we played ICT, given our record against them. It is what it is. We are now part of Scottish football history going forward from  here.

Performance by club
Club Wins Last final won Runners-up Last final lost Total final appearances
Falkirk 4 2012 0 4
Ross County 3 2019 2 2008 5
Airdrieonians (1878) 3 2001 0 3
Inverness Caledonian Thistle 3 2020* 2 2009 5
Queen of the South 2 2013 2 2010 4
Hamilton Academical 2 1992 2 2012 4
Dundee 2 2009 1 1994 3
Raith Rovers 2 2020* 0 2

About the only thing Falkirk are good at.

Not playing it is ludicrous. We’ve just played a 27 game season through a horrific pandemic and we somehow can’t squeeze in a single game to finish a cup competition now that the vaccine is kicking in and numbers are plummeting. The SPFL clearly couldn’t afford to hire the neutral venue with no crowd revenue. Toss a fucking coin for which club gets to host it and get it done. Pretty poor that Sim has rolled over on this one.  Oh to have had a Turnbull Hutton in the discussions. 

Edited by roverthemoon