The New Raith Rovers Thread

Probably the worst I've felt after a football match.  Perhaps the Alloa game where we could have won the league, but at least was able to drive up the road with minimum fuss afterwards.  After that Dunfermline game, we'd been on it all day so had to wait for 2 trains home experiencing the worst hangover ever.

Doesn't matter how good a season you've had or how much you've punched above your weight, when you are in with a shout of winning something, you want to win it.  That season is still the one that got away, as whilst Dunfermline were worthy winners, we dropped some daft points at the end of March which could have got us over the line.

Some build up to the game though, that won't happen again.  There was even a Sportsound programme that week dedicated completely to that game. 

Edited by CALDERON

12 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Probably the worst I've felt after a football match.  Perhaps the Alloa game where we could have won the league, but at least was able to drive up the road with minimum fuss afterwards.  After that Dunfermline game, we'd been on it all day so had to wait for 2 trains home experiencing the worst hangover ever.

Doesn't matter how good a season you've had or how much you've punched above your weight, when you are in with a shout of winning something, you want to win it.  That season is still the one that got away, as whilst Dunfermline were worthy winners, we dropped some daft points at the end of March which could have got us over the line.

Some build up to the game though, that won't happen again.  There was even a Sportsound programme that week dedicated completely to that game. 

Not really sure why but I felt much worse after the Alloa game. A proper 'not talking to anyone' type affair.  Maybe it was an acknowledgement that we'd ran out of gas and unfortunately they were better than us. I'm sure expectations played their part as well - we expected promotion from L1 but not from Division 1 as it was. 

May be a chance to put that particular disappointment to bed, over our next few games. Let's enjoy it. 

22 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Good subject topic there: what is the worst you’ve ever felt after a game?

That Alloa game where we blew the league on the last day of the season - hitting the post in the 89th minute -  is right up there.

I recall feeling a bit deflated after our first relegation from the Premier League.

12 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Does make you ponder if an Englsih Championship level club might see any value loaning a young and developing forward to a team playing in the Scottish Premiership? Not sure our use of Abraham will encourage them any, but we can dream.

23 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Does make you ponder if an Englsih Championship level club might see any value loaning a young and developing forward to a team playing in the Scottish Premiership? Not sure our use of Abraham will encourage them any, but we can dream.

Abraham has played as many minutes as he's deserved to.

Abraham has played as many minutes as he's deserved to.

Could argue he’s adjusting to the Scottish game. I think a run of starts might have shown us more than what we’ve seen. Can’t argue with not playing him though given we’re second in the league.

24 minutes ago, RRFC1989 said:

Could argue he’s adjusting to the Scottish game. I think a run of starts might have shown us more than what we’ve seen. Can’t argue with not playing him though given we’re second in the league.

Didn't exactly set the heather on fire at Bristol Rovers or Plymouth in League One, a level that is probably equivalent or slightly higher. 

We have our problems up front but Ugwu seems to have done alright in his last couple of games.