The New Raith Rovers Thread

22 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

https://salarysport.com/football/scottish-championship/raith-rovers/

I stumbled upon the above link on the ICT - Dundee thread.

It's certainly an interesting take on how our wages bit is split...

I'm calling bullshit on that, some of the players wouldn't get out of bed for those wages.

31 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

https://salarysport.com/football/scottish-championship/raith-rovers/

I stumbled upon the above link on the ICT - Dundee thread.

It's certainly an interesting take on how our wages bit is split...

Part time Kieran MacDonald making more than a fair few of our full time players, including Hendry.  I'm calling bullshit.

If it was true then Gozie has got one hell of an agent, almost as good as the agent Adam King has.

Edited by SanStarko

Just now, SanStarko said:

Part time Kieran MacDonald making more a fair few of our full time players, including Hendry.  I'm calling bullshit.

If it was true then Gozie has got one hell of an agent, almost as good as the agent Adam King has.

Yeah it's obviously wild guesswork (or stolen from Football Manager) but some of the discrepancies are a bit of a laugh.

Just on the money thing. At the start of the season before this thing dragged on to another lockdown fans were expected back through the gates at some point during the season. Have the club budgeted for that?
I know we sell streams but whole families will buy the stream as opposed to each paying entry.
As mentioned, Sim said we'd be fine. But even then, it's worth mentioning we got £500k to cover "covid related costs" from the Scottish government. It was an arbitrary figure set by the government and nobody knows what basis as it was set. But if you look at the financials the £500k more than covered the expenditure of most clubs pre covid. Its almost like we got given a £20 note to get some bread, milk and a paper and to keep the change.

Just on the money thing. At the start of the season before this thing dragged on to another lockdown fans were expected back through the gates at some point during the season. Have the club budgeted for that?
I know we sell streams but whole families will buy the stream as opposed to each paying entry.
As mentioned, Sim said we'd be fine. But even then, it's worth mentioning we got £500k to cover "covid related costs" from the Scottish government. It was an arbitrary figure set by the government and nobody knows what basis as it was set. But if you look at the financials the £500k more than covered the expenditure of most clubs pre covid. Its almost like we got given a £20 note to get some break, milk and a paper and to keep the change.

Mixed news on injuries.

On the injury front, Jamie Gullan is set to return and Kieron MacDonald might be ready to start after making the bench against Alloa.

McGlynn says Frankie Musonda remains a doubt, though, with Lewis Vaughan and Ross Matthews both ruled out.

https://www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/football/mcglynns-delight-as-raith-rovers-look-to-take-second-place-in-championship-3209121

If we can get Macdonald back into the starting XI, that would be a huge boost. Hopefully Musonda is at least fit enough to make the bench, although if he's fit enough I'd start him. Really don't want to be going into this game with Armstrong at LB. 

It is a shame that Vaughan and Matthews both miss out. Hopefully we'll get them back for some game time against Hearts before the playoffs. 

Edited by Michael W

41 minutes ago, Michael W said:

If we can get Macdonald back into the starting XI, that would be a huge boost. Hopefully Musonda is at least fit enough to make the bench, although if he's fit enough I'd start him. Really don't want to be going into this game with Armstrong at LB. 

It is a shame that Vaughan and Matthews both miss out. Hopefully we'll get them back for some game time against Hearts before the playoffs. 

If we secure second place I wouldn't bother rushing either back for what would be a meaningless game. 

Edited by RRPT

1 hour ago, RRPT said:

If we secure second place I wouldn't bother rushing either back for what would be a meaningless game. 

I wouldn't be rushing them either, but give them 20-30mins to get some game time. 

Smith or Ugwu with Gullan

King for Matthews

Armstrong for KMac...and, God help us, but we have to choose Davo, Mendy or Cooney at CB...honestly, I know it’ll surprise you all, Mendy unless Cooney has impressed JMcG in practice, and drop Davo to the bench after his last display. I think either Mendy or Cooney would give us the game of their lives if started here, and Davo simply looks tired and mentally disconnected with the whole hearing thing hanging over him.

Optionally, play a 3-2-2-1-2...

JMac

Davo/Mendy/Bene

Tumilty/Armstrong

Spencer/Hendry

Kennedy

Smith or Ugwu/Gullan

Edited by TxRover

Smith or Ugwu with Gullan
King for Matthews
Armstrong for KMac...and, God help us, but we have to choose Davo, Mendy or Cooney at CB...honestly, I know it’ll surprise you all, Mendy unless Cooney has impressed JMcG in practice, and drop Davo to the bench after his last display. I think either Mendy or Cooney would give us the game of their lives if started here, and Davo simply looks tired and mentally disconnected with the whole hearing thing hanging over him.
Optionally, play a 3-2-2-1-2...
JMac
Davo/Mendy/Bene
Tumilty/Armstrong
Spencer/Hendry
Kennedy
Smith or Ugwu/Gullan

Very confused about the possible Smith inclusion. I’ve not seen anything in his limited play time to suggest he’ll cut it as a professional football, never mind in the championship. He might impress McGlynn on training but on match day is where it matters. His lack of starts (when fit) evidences this. I hope i’m wrong and he goes on to do well with us. Either way there’s no way he gets in our starting 11, especially in one of our most important games of the season.

JMac
Tumilty Davo Bene KMac
Hendry Spencer
Armstrong Tait Kennedy
Gullan

Can’t say I want Davo there but I think we all know McGlynn will pick him.

3 minutes ago, RRFC1989 said:

Very confused about the possible Smith inclusion. 

Can’t say I want Davo there but I think we all know McGlynn will pick him.

Smith looked quite lively in the 10 minutes he got to play, and Duku and Abraham look flaccid in comparison. He's an option.

I fear you are correct.