The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

I hope if Hendry decides to go elsewhere that he doesn't get the same personal shit that Murray and Nisbet both received. 

As much as he clearly loves the club, he'll ultimately do what he deems the best for himself. 

He owes us nothing. 

Exactly, he’s done us proud. 

I hope if Hendry decides to go elsewhere that he doesn't get the same personal shit that Murray and Nisbet both received. 
As much as he clearly loves the club, he'll ultimately do what he deems the best for himself. 
He owes us nothing. 
This. The lad could have easily taken up opportunities elsewhere but came back and has played a blinder. I think he's got an incredible future ahead of him. Defensively he can be a bit suspect at times but at 23 he's still got plenty of time to add to his game. He's been an utter pleasure to watch.

I think it's completely different to the Murray and Nisbet sagas. But even then, you can never guarantee people won't be morons on social media.

18 hours ago, Lang Toun Lad said:

I don't know if this is accurate but if it is you can see the difference in prize money for placing. Nearly double for finishing 2nd compared to 5th but even 3rd and 4th are considerable drops which could make the difference between keeping players and challenging at the top of the table next year (if we don't go up!).

https://mobile.twitter.com/SPFLWatch/status/1356544119544373255?s=19

It also has some other interesting information on TV audiences. 

https://spfl.co.uk/news/spfl-prize-pot-reaches-25m

Going by last seasons deals the difference in the championship between finishing 2nd and 4th is £150,000 or to put it another way £25,000 more than our total prize Money for last year, so finishing 2nd will be worth a whopping 380% on last season's prize.

In short (if you cant be bothered clicking the link) Last season:

Dundee Utd pocketed £562,500 for winning the league.

Runners up place was worth £87,500 less so ICT got £475,000

3rd was worth £400,000, 4th £325,00 and 5th £250,000

Upstairs Hearts got £1,125,000 for finishing in 12th place (11th was worth £62,500 more) so you can see what a massive advantage the likes of:

Hamilton (11th), Ross Co 10th £1.25M, St Mirren 9th £1.312M and especially Livvi (5th) who received £1,687,500 have when it comes to offering contracts to the Franky Musoda's and Rego Hendry's of our world.

35 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Damn, that was my next idea.

Come now, those (Muzza & Nizzy) players moved upwards in their careers, anyone can see such a move for Hendry would be a move backwards.

13 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

This. The lad could have easily taken up opportunities elsewhere but came back and has played a blinder. I think he's got an incredible future ahead of him. Defensively he can be a bit suspect at times but at 23 he's still got plenty of time to add to his game. He's been an utter pleasure to watch.

I think it's completely different to the Murray and Nisbet sagas. But even then, you can never guarantee people won't be morons on social media.

I'd love him to stay but if he goes then he goes with my best wishes.

I can feel it in my water, there'll be an approach by Dundee Utd for him the summer, either that or......

my prostate is playing up.

I reckon theres a chance he could stay. PCA’s aren’t common (except for us recently) but someone of Hendry’s ability and potential would surely have been one of those to have been snapped up early.
He’ll know McGlynn believes in him and he’ll play every week. I think he’s waiting to see where we are before deciding on his future. Also even if we finish second, we might be in a position to make a more lucrative contract offer if money is the deciding factor.

Kevin Nisbet now has three sets of fans that think he's a p***k, tbh. 

Hendry will move on with best wishes, should he go. The only chance we have of retaining him is if we get promoted and even then it might not be enough. 

5 minutes ago, RRFC1989 said:

I reckon theres a chance he could stay. PCA’s aren’t common (except for us recently) but someone of Hendry’s ability and potential would surely have been one of those to have been snapped up early.
He’ll know McGlynn believes in him and he’ll play every week. I think he’s waiting to see where we are before deciding on his future. Also even if we finish second, we might be in a position to make a more lucrative contract offer if money is the deciding factor.

I think the 1st bit in bold is likely right on the money, less so IMO the second sentence, I think if we don't go up he'll opt for the best club he can get in the league above. Although money hasn't been a massive factor so far he'd go up safe in the knowledge that he'll be on double what we were paying and be showcasing his talent in the top flight.

Edited by Scottydog

You just need to see his reaction at the end of last night's game to see he's fully committed to the Rovers right now. Where he goes after this  season ends is anyone's guess but Regan will no doubt have quite a few options. Only he, or his agent, will do what they think will be in his best interest. I'd love it if he decides that another year (or better two) with the current Rovers' squad is what suits him best. I doubt that'll be the case though. ☹️

Edited by embow

23 minutes ago, RRFC1989 said:

18 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

I think the 1st bit in bold is likely right on the money, less so IMO the second sentence, I think if we don't go up he'll opt for the best club he can get in the league above. Although money hasn't been a massive factor so far he'd go up safe in the knowledge that he'll be on double what we were paying and be showcasing his talent in the top flight.

Both seem correct. There is a non-zero chance the Rovers could be playing in the Premiership next year, and thus would be able to compensate Hendry accordingly. Championship football would not likely allow such compensation for a player like Hendry, so any contract we offer him now would likely simply be a year long millstone and/or limit what a suitor might offer for him. PCA’s are voidable, and leaks about talks hurt teams, so maybe Hendry has decided to give the Rovers a shot as his tip of the hat. Also, his play into and within the playoffs will surely increase his value.

Like many others I think Hendry will only be with us next season if we managed to go up to the Premiership. There’s no way he’s not got offers from teams at that level as he’s been raved about by opposing teams and scouts won’t have failed to notice him. The only reason I could see him not having already agreed a PCA is the fact he clearly seems to enjoy playing with us and working with our coaches, I assume he knows the Gaffer from Celtic. If he goes I’ll be disappointed as he’s a fantastic player but I’ll wish the lad well as he’s given us some great memories. Money obviously isn’t the biggest factor as he came to us over Falkirk but I’d be surprised if he doesn’t want to test himself at a higher level.

I’d love us to get him to stay for next season but at the end of the day he’s got to do what’s best for his career

7 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Like many others I think Hendry will only be with us next season if we managed to go up to the Premiership. There’s no way he’s not got offers from teams at that level as he’s been raved about by opposing teams and scouts won’t have failed to notice him. The only reason I could see him not having already agreed a PCA is the fact he clearly seems to enjoy playing with us and working with our coaches, I assume he knows the Gaffer from Celtic. If he goes I’ll be disappointed as he’s a fantastic player but I’ll wish the lad well as he’s given us some great memories. Money obviously isn’t the biggest factor as he came to us over Falkirk but I’d be surprised if he doesn’t want to test himself at a higher level.

I’d love us to get him to stay for next season but at the end of the day he’s got to do what’s best for his career

One plus one = The answer 

It's the Celtic connection that John McGlynn had with Regan that brought him to us first time on loan then when he was released there was only one club he was coming back to.

3 minutes ago, embow said:

One plus one = The answer 

It's the Celtic connection that John McGlynn had with Regan that brought him to us first time on loan then when he was released there was only one club he was coming back to.

Hendry signed in January 2018 under Barry Smith

Oops! Of course he did.

I can't fully remember but was that on loan or the full deal when Barry Smith signed him. I have it in my head that he was loaned to us initially. Then again, I'm probably making this up from somewhere in the depths of the deep void between my ears.🥴

Oops! Of course he did.
I can't fully remember but was that on loan or the full deal when Barry Smith signed him. I have it in my head that he was loaned to us initially. Then again, I'm probably making this up from somewhere in the depths of the deep void between my ears.🥴

So tells us again what does one and one = ? [emoji12]

He joined on loan first time under Smith, returned on loan when McGlynn was here and then signed after Celtic released him.

14 hours ago, embow said:

Oops! Of course he did.

You're probably forgetting because Barry Smith generally refused to play him. 

54 minutes ago, Michael W said:

You're probably forgetting because Barry Smith generally refused to play him. 

We seem to have attracted managers who were unable to recognise a good player - as well as Smith with Hendry we had Jocky Scott refusing to play Nach Novo, Dalziel and Pat Clarke, Locke and Vaughan. I'm sure there are others.