The New Raith Rovers Thread

5 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:
8 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:
We were all told that Duku would drop off the radar at some point in the season. Is it an attitude problem or something else. You can’t always blame it on COVID. The dream scenario would be Hendry, Musonda and Spencer. The rest can leave. On the PCA’s Lang and Keatings have long term injury problems. Or always injured at some point. And I do t get the Zanatta signing, he was non existent at Partick and now Ayr

Like Kevin Nisbet was non existent before he came to us?

Don’t even go there, we all thought that. He was signed by Barry F Smith. Fortunately he kicked on elsewhere. 

13 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Thought so. 

Jesus wept. Nice diversion tactic, rather than actually having an answer for me. 

How can it be the truth that these players are awful, when it’s simply a matter of opinion? 

edit, this is actually from the other thread. I get so confused because you seem to just spout your usual negative (and way over the top) pish where ever you go. 

Edited by Wardy

5 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Jesus wept. Nice diversion tactic, rather than actually having an answer for me. 

How can it be the truth that these players are awful, when it’s simply a matter of opinion? 

edit, this is actually from the other thread. I get so confused because you seem to just spout your usual negative (and way over the top) pish where ever you go. 

You have a choice. Block me. So Duku scored goals earlier in the season. He has been a mere shadow since the turn of the year. We were told that by Torquay fans. Maybe you see something different from the rest of the free thinkers on this thread let me know. I’ve decided that my aggressiveness isn’t conducive to togetherness on this forum. But it seems it doesn’t matter what I say, the tears and snotters from the echo chambers of doom chime in. 

Just now, baillieinleeds said:

You have a choice. Block me. So Duku scored goals earlier in the season. He has been a mere shadow since the turn of the year. We were told that by Torquay fans. Maybe you see something different from the rest of the free thinkers on this thread let me know. I’ve decided that my aggressiveness isn’t conducive to togetherness on this forum. But it seems it doesn’t matter what I say, the tears and snotters from the echo chambers of doom chime in. 

What your saying is of course correct. I won’t argue he’s went off the boil in the last few months, But to call him and I quote from the other thread as “truly awful” is taking it way too far. That’s all I was getting at. The negatitiveness post was a bit of a laugh, what a sensitive wee soul you are.

Not one for blocking people either. I don’t get offended by your posts, I just think you generally don’t think about what you’re actually typing half the time....

Do we know for certain MacDonald is going full time next season?

No idea, it’s a good question. He’s under contract until next summer. And would be a pretty big lose considering how we play. I have no idea as to what he does work related. So can’t even comment to know to say it would be worth given that up... or having a scenario where he worked 3x 12hr shifts, to allow him 2 days off a week for training during the day.

20 minutes ago, Wardy said:

What your saying is of course correct. I won’t argue he’s went off the boil in the last few months, But to call him and I quote from the other thread as “truly awful” is taking it way too far. That’s all I was getting at. The negatitiveness post was a bit of a laugh, what a sensitive wee soul you are.

Not one for blocking people either. I don’t get offended by your posts, I just think you generally don’t think about what you’re actually typing half the time....

I get offended looking at your avatar🤣

Edited by baillieinleeds

I don't know if this is accurate but if it is you can see the difference in prize money for placing. Nearly double for finishing 2nd compared to 5th but even 3rd and 4th are considerable drops which could make the difference between keeping players and challenging at the top of the table next year (if we don't go up!).

https://mobile.twitter.com/SPFLWatch/status/1356544119544373255?s=19

It also has some other interesting information on TV audiences. 

Edited by Lang Toun Lad

I don't know if this is accurate but if it is you can see the difference in prize money for placing. Nearly double for finishing 2nd compared to 5th but even 3rd and 4th are considerable drops which could make the difference between keeping players and challenging at the top of the table next year (if we don't go up!).
https://mobile.twitter.com/SPFLWatch/status/1356544119544373255?s=19
It also has some other interesting information on TV audiences. 
I commented on this last week when we put that strong lineup for a pointless cup game with consideration of the prize money on offer in the Scottish Cup.

1 hour ago, WSDR 88 said:

No idea, it’s a good question. He’s under contract until next summer. And would be a pretty big lose considering how we play. I have no idea as to what he does work related. So can’t even comment to know to say it would be worth given that up... or having a scenario where he worked 3x 12hr shifts, to allow him 2 days off a week for training during the day.

It’s been mentioned he installs automatic doors for his father or such, but I can’t vouch for the accuracy of that data.

Don’t even go there, we all thought that. He was signed by Barry F Smith. Fortunately he kicked on elsewhere. 
Kicked on elsewhere? Of course he did, but didn't that begin at the Rovers? Yes, we doubted the signing beforehand, but my point was that some clubs suit some players and others don't. Nisbet came to us as "non existent" and blew everyone away.

38 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

I hope if Hendry decides to go elsewhere that he doesn't get the same personal shit that Murray and Nisbet both received. 

As much as he clearly loves the club, he'll ultimately do what he deems the best for himself. 

He owes us nothing. 

Well so long as he doesn’t sign for the Pars I think he’ll be fine.