The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

A 3 year deal for someone with his injury record is a bold move, but it might been the only way to get him to commit.

Fingers crossed it works out for both parties. 

That’s an interesting take/idea. If Vaughan was willing to bet upon himself being able to get a one year deal in the Premiership or England, what would the Rovers have to do to convince him to sign here? Is there an understanding that we’ll not impede a move up in competition if it is offered to him, that we would “happily” reach agreement on terms...or is this Lewis repaying the Rovers for sticking with him by giving them his help either on the field or possibly via transfer fees.

There is not a chance in hell we would have a player as good as Lewis Vaughan signing a three year deal for us if he hadn’t had his injury problems. He’s young enough that it’s not a massive risk. Time to leave the injury stuff in the past imo and look to a bright future for a young, talented footballer at our football club.

With Vaughan signed up, who is left out of contract at the end of the season? I make it the following:

McGurn (Leaving)   
Davidson    
Mendy    
Hendry    
Spencer   
Armstrong   
Duku   
Musonda   
Ugwu   
Smith

Actually surprised it is so many given the amount of renewals we have done. From the list I would only offer deals to Hendry, Musonda, Armstrong and Spencer. Duku had a great start but he’s not shown enough in recent months.

I know Armstrong gets a hard time and was out of form for a while but he is now our top league goal scorer as well as most assists. Hendry and Musonda are clearly top priorities but I would have Armstrong as important too.

Edited by R.R.FC

18 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

With Vaughan signed up, who is left out of contract at the end of the season? I make it the following:

McGurn (Leaving)   
Davidson    
Mendy    
Hendry    
Spencer   
Armstrong   
Duku   
Musonda   
Ugwu   
Smith

Actually surprised it is so many given the amount of renewals we have done. From the list I would only offer deals to Hendry, Musonda, Armstrong and Spencer. Duku had a great start but he’s not shown enough in recent months.

I know Armstrong gets a hard time and was out of form for a while but he is now our top league goal scorer as well as most assists. Hendry and Musonda are clearly top priorities but I would have Armstrong as important too.

We were all told that Duku would drop off the radar at some point in the season. Is it an attitude problem or something else. You can’t always blame it on COVID. The dream scenario would be Hendry, Musonda and Spencer. The rest can leave. On the PCA’s Lang and Keatings have long term injury problems. Or always injured at some point. And I do t get the Zanatta signing, he was non existent at Partick and now Ayr

Edited by baillieinleeds

20 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

We were all told that Duku would drop off the radar at some point in the season. Is it an attitude problem or something else. You can’t always blame it on COVID. The dream scenario would be Hendry, Musonda and Spencer. The rest can leave. On the PCA’s Lang and Keatings have long term injury problems. Or always injured at some point. And I do t get the Zanatta signing, he was non existent at Partick and now Ayr

Come on man, get the negativity in the fucking sea...

54 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Mind at the start of last season, when some fans were calling for Mcglynns head? 

Trust the manager.  He knows what he's doing, as much as we will have blips along the way. 

2 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Mind at the start of last season, when some fans were calling for Mcglynns head? 

Trust the manager.  He knows what he's doing, as much as we will have blips along the way. 

This the problem with some fans though. Lose a couple or even draw, and it’s fucking panic stations. It’s absurd. 

2 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

I never got the hype for Armstrong in his first spell for us.  I always thought he came across as the type of player who'd do a couple of fancy things but wouldn't put any work in when it wasn't going for him.  

But since he's come back, and especially this season, he puts a ton of work in even when he's been having spells where nothing is coming off for him.  Whether that's the McGlynn effect, him being a bit older or a combination of both, who knows.  But he's completely turned around the impression I had of him from his first spell, so I'd definitely be wanting him signed up again for next season.  

Jack Smith is a weird one.  On the very rare appearances he's made it looks like there could be a decent player there.  But he seems to constantly pick up injuries, and I think he's been hurt by the Covid situation too as I'd imagine in a normal season he'd have been loaned out somewhere to get first team games.  I also thought he was a lot younger than he is, he's 21 now and still not managed to break into the first team.  

Edited by SanStarko

I'm delighted that we've got Vaughan signed up for another 3 years. I would imagine there will be clauses in there about what would happen should a potential injury occur and an agreed fee we would let him leave for. Hopefully neither are required.

If we can keep progressing (and it's a really big if) and manage to get ourselves some Premiership football over the coming years then Lewis Vaughan has the potential to become one of our all time greats. 

Genuinely thrilled at the prospect of this and have everything crossed that those fucking knees hold up :)

Like Kevin Nisbet was non existent before he came to us?

If Jack Smith goes, that leaves Dave McKay as the only surviving member of our 16/17/18 development squad that Craig Easton ran. To be honest he’s been the only one worth keeping. Watson was okay at League One but no chance would he have cut it in this division, and Jack Smith definitely has ability, but is always injured. 

5 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

McGurn (Leaving)   
Davidson    
Mendy    
Hendry    
Spencer   
Armstrong   
Duku   
Musonda   
Ugwu   
Smith

Yeah I totally agree with this. Getting all 4 signed would be truly tremendous, but if we could get at least 2/4 then I would still be pretty happy with that, but obviously gutted on the other 2 leaving

Supporters voting for POTY and Goal of the Season opens:
https://www.raithrovers.net/47648/vote-now-player-of-the-year-awards.htm

I’ve went with JMac, unbelievable goalie despite 2 errors of late - but Townie one didn’t cost us at least. He’s salvaged more points than not, and some word class saves. Along with keeping the back 4 organised.

Was very close between Hendry, Matthews and Tumilty for goal of the season, but I’ve went for Tumilty, purely because it an absolutely rasper! And probably my 2nd in line player of the season.

McGurn (Leaving)   
Davidson    
Mendy    
Hendry    
Spencer   
Armstrong   
Duku   
Musonda   
Ugwu   
Smith

Was having a think about this also, post news of LV signing on. Correct me if I’m wrong, but this is who we have lined up for next season;

Goalies
J MacDonald
Robbie Thomson
Kyle Bow (apprentice)

Defenders
LB -
K MacDonald

CB -
Kyle Bene
Dave McKay
Tom Laing (pre-contract)
Christoph Berra (pre-contract)

RB -
Reghan Tumilty

Midfielders
Centre Mid -
Ross Matthews
Dylan Tait
Quin Coulson (apprentice)
Aaron Arnott (apprentice)

Wingers/10 -
Dario Zanatta (pre contract)

#10 -
Lewis Vaughan
James Keatings (pre contract)

Strikers -
Luke Mahady (apprentice)

Of those who are out of contract this summer, I’d really like us to keep; Hendry (obviously, but I think he may move on, unfortunately), Spencer (I think he’ll stay if offered a new deal), Mosunda (same boat as Hendry), and Armstrong (I think he’ll stay if offered a new deal).

2 hours ago, WSDR 88 said:

Was having a think about this also, post news of LV signing on. Correct me if I’m wrong, but this is who we have lined up for next season;

Goalies
J MacDonald
Robbie Thomson
Kyle Bow (apprentice)

Defenders
LB -
K MacDonald

CB -
Kyle Bene
Dave McKay
Tom Laing (pre-contract)
Christoph Berra (pre-contract)

RB -
Reghan Tumilty

Midfielders
Centre Mid -
Ross Matthews
Dylan Tait
Quin Coulson (apprentice)
Aaron Arnott (apprentice)

Wingers/10 -
Dario Zanatta (pre contract)

#10 -
Lewis Vaughan
James Keatings (pre contract)

Strikers -
Luke Mahady (apprentice)

Of those who are out of contract this summer, I’d really like us to keep; Hendry (obviously, but I think he may move on, unfortunately), Spencer (I think he’ll stay if offered a new deal), Mosunda (same boat as Hendry), and Armstrong (I think he’ll stay if offered a new deal).

Do we know for certain MacDonald is going full time next season?

Edited by RRPT