The New Raith Rovers Thread

The upcoming  fixture results of the next 8 days will be massive

Tuesday. Ayr v Dundee,  Morton v Inverness.

Saturday. Us v Arbroath,   Ayr v Dunfermline and Dundee v Morton with QotS v ICT being an absolute crunch game.

Tuesday. Queens v Us and Pars v Dundee.

I reckon two wins and we could be all but nailed on for 2nd, on the other hand 2 defeats and we could really struggle to stay in the top 4.

Edited by Scottydog

24 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

The upcoming  fixture results of the next 8 days will be massive

...I reckon two wins and we could be all but nailed on for 2nd, on the other hand 2 defeats and we could really struggle to stay in the top 4.

A win for Dundee at Ayr -  which is likely - and we have very serious job to beat them to second place. Two wins will probably NOT do.

11 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

A win for Dundee at Ayr -  which is likely - and we have very serious job to beat them to second place. Two wins will probably NOT do.

I don't see it that way, Ayr's form has much improved since Kerr was bulleted after a horrid Feb. 

Hopkin has improved them with only one defeat in March (Hearts 2-0)  and away wins at Morton and DUNDEE they're not odds on cannon fodder.

43 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

I don't see it that way, Ayr's form has much improved since Kerr was bulleted after a horrid Feb. 

Hopkin has improved them with only one defeat in March (Hearts 2-0)  and away wins at Morton and DUNDEE they're not odds on cannon fodder.

A home defeat to Clyde in the Cup?

4 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Don’t see why it’s likely, Ayr have scudded Dundee in both their previous meetings by 2 goals and they’re at home.

Well, we'll see. Games are running out and the big hitters usually show their mettle when the chips are down. Ayr have slid into play-off peril while Dundee for virtually the first time are into the play-off positions and have the bit between their teeth.

Edited by Raith_Raver

Well, we'll see. Games are running out and the big hitters usually show their mettle when the chips are down. Ayr have slid into play-off peril while Dundee for virtually the first time are into the play-off positions and have the bit between their teeth.

They’ve also got a clown in the dug out, swings and roundabouts [emoji23]

23 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

They’ve also got a clown in the dug out, swings and roundabouts emoji23.png

A bit of hyperbole there.
Of course I want a result in Ayr's favour, and they'll be hard to beat given their own predicament, but Dundee will start bookies favourites.

30 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Dundee are in the mix due to 4 wins out of 6 in March which is a humungous improvement on their Feb form. However 3 of those 4 wins were against the bottom 3 clubs (at the time) and one of those 2 defeats was to a just starting to misfire Hearts and the  other an absolute scudding at home to the very club in question, Ayr.

I just don't see it as a given away win, especially under McPake who virtually to a man Dee fans want shot off.

18 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Dundee are in the mix due to 4 wins out of 6 in March which is a humungous improvement on their Feb form.

Yes, Dundee's form has improved dramatically. You might have mentioned that in that time Ayr have lost at home to Arbroath Inverness Hearts and Clyde without scoring a goal, and apart from that unexpected win at Dens thier solitary win in February and March was against Morton... a team "in the bottom three".

Edited by Raith_Raver

9 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

Yes, Dundee's form has improved dramatically. You might have mentioned that in that time Ayr have lost at home to Arbroath Inverness Hearts and Clyde without scoring a goal, and apart from that unexpected win at Dens thier solitary win in February and March was against Morton... a team "in the bottom three".

Aye  admittedly Ayr WERE lousy but I was dealing with recent form, solely the month of March since Hopkin replaced Kerr. Arbroath was the last game in Feb and the one that effectively got Kerr his jotters.

Only 1 defeat to away to Hearts and 2 draws against the 2nd top club.  Admittedly their other draw was away against the Alloa but the 3-1 win at Dens Park overshadows that. 

Ayr March form is quite good W,D,L,W,D,W,D. (9 points) 

Dundee March form only 1 win better W,W,L,W,L,W.  (12 points)

We have it in our own hands to at least finish in the top 4.  If we finish 2nd, that is fantastic, however we have to focus on top 4 first - its not beyond the realms of possibility that we get beat on Sat and results go against us, heaping a huge amount of pressure onto next weeks game vs Queens. 

It's in our own hands. Maybe not ideal that we've got Dundee away and then Hearts at home to finish the season, but if we want to finish second then we have to win games and seal it, simple as that. 

Second would be fantastic, not only for the additional money (+£150k over 4th) but would also spare us the first round of the play off. Let's not get ahead of ourselves, though - there's a long way to go.

3 minutes ago, steakngravy said:

Not sure but think I saw James Keatings car at Starks Park today, is he now training with the Rovers? Strange if it was his car, I'm going by the personalised number plate for this assumtion.

He was down cancelling the PCA because he knows he won't get a game for us in the Premier League. 

5 minutes ago, steakngravy said:

Not sure but think I saw James Keatings car at Starks Park today, is he now training with the Rovers? Strange if it was his car, I'm going by the personalised number plate for this assumtion.

He won't be training today, McGlynn gave the team two days off.

If the number plate was JAMES KEATINGS 1 it was probably him