The New Raith Rovers Thread

Yeah if that’s to replace Musonda it’s a bit underwhelming, although more than happy to trust McGlynn. His work in the transfer market the last couple of seasons has been very good for the most part and with a very young squad, Berra’s experience could be crucial.

On a more positive note, if we can convince Musonda to re-sign as well then Lang and Berra look pretty sizeable upgrades on Mendy and Davo.

I’m on the fence with this one but certainly take the point he’ll be an upgrade on Davidson, and he did seem to do well with Dundee. Really not sure about a two-year deal though.

Still hoping we keep Musonda.

That's a cracking bit of business. It'll depend on the way you set-up, but we went from leaking goals like a sieve (much like we do this season) to him coming in and organising the likes of Jordon Forster & injury ravaged Josh Meekings to the point where they looked like competent defenders. He played 6 games for us - met the squad on the day of our game against Morton and we proceeded to go 5 games without conceding. The only goal we did concede was on that first day against Morton in which Conor Hazard let in a howler.

He's a very slow player and can easily be exposed that way (although he lists his speed as his best attribute bizarrely). To be fair to him, over a very short distance he still has a decent turn of pace, but he turns like a milk wagon so you don't want to be playing the highest of lines with him at the back.

Ideally, slot him in the middle of a back three and he'll be excellent for you. Even if you got promoted and he had to resort to being a 'squad player', you're not gonna find much better 'squad players' than him.

Easily an upgrade on all of our current CH's and still has enough in the tank to be easily considered an upgrade on the likes of Davidson, Benedictus & Mendy (if you still have him :lol:).

To sum up, very decent bit of business even if Hearts fans seem to think he's finished.

Assuming he's going to a like for like replacement for Davo then it's not that bad.  Lot less likely to get sent off too.  

Is that us got four centre backs signed up for next season now?  Berra and Lang on pre-contracts along with McKay and Bene.  Add Musonda to that and I'd totally happy.  Bene and Musonda as the starting pair, Lang and McKay pushing them for a spot and Berra as the experienced back up.

Edited by SanStarko

I hope I'm wrong but I think signing Berra looks ominous for us keeping Musonda. We went with 4 centre backs this year and with McKay available again I think it'll be ta ta to Musonda, Davo and Nando and the four will be Lang, McKay, Bene & Berra.

I'm sure we'd like to keep Frankie but the longer he goes without putting pen to paper makes me think he wants a move on to bigger and better (more dosh) things, of course if we could win promotion it'd change things.

If it’s to replace Davidson then it’s an upgrade for sure but if he’s coming in to to replace frankie then I’m truly gutted at that, really need to try and tie frankie down to another contract 

1 hour ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

It's an incredibly short time frame for someone to "lose the plot" though, no? 

John McGlynn could sign Colonel Gaddafi to play in goal for next season and he'd still be in credit for the week. 

I’d rather that for next season we sign a Midfield General!

Berra will be fine and do well in certain games against big physical front men.

Pick and choose the games he’ll be more than fine and likely a solid influence on the squad.

Hopefully we can get Frankie signed on. I’d be inclined to let McKay leave either on loan or permanently if we can.