The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

He'll be taking Davidson's squad place. That's a like-for-like improvement. 

Could there be other options out there who'd offer a greater improvement? In terms of sheer technical ability and fitness, almost certainly. But with a squad as young as ours, it's no bad thing to have a couple of old heads around. 

McGlynn obviously not fancying our chances of making it through the play offs, I guess.

14 minutes ago, renton said:

1. f**k me, no, his legs are long since shot.

2. That's the second time - the other was the official site - that mention was made of Lang and Zannata on pre contracts but not Keatings. 

They must've changed it because Keatings is mentioned now. 

16 minutes ago, Sweaty Morph said:

If only this was an attempt at an April Fool gag

I thought I'd been done and checked about twenty times. 

Maybe that was more in hope than anything else. 

Edited by Michael W

14 minutes ago, renton said:

McGlynn obviously not fancying our chances of making it through the play offs, I guess.

John McGlynn has steered a squad reliant on a 38 year old Iain Davidson into the upper reaches of the Championship. I look forward to Christophe Berra leading us out in the opening game of the 2023 Europa League qualifiers. 

FWIW, he was very good in his short stint with us last year. The time since doesn't look to have been too kind to him, but I was raging when we signed him thinking he was well past it, and he didn't half shut me up. Will be curious if he has a similarly good spell in Kirkcaldy, though if you lads are still promotion rivals I hope not.

Hopefully this isn't true. 

He's slower than a week in Barlinnie and can't mark a man without fouling and giving away penalties. 

Apparently he's played in every Hearts defeat bar one this season.

He was torn a new one when we played at Tynecastle. 

He won't be first choice,  you wouldn't imagine.  

Happy to trust the manager.  For example, I thought he was mad with his lineup on Sat, having half an eye on Tues, and he made me look a right dick.

Happy enough with that. We were going to need a centre half in that mould for next season, and whilst I had personally hoped that we’d try to get Alan Lithgow as that centre half, I’m not sure how realistic that ever was. Berra will provide invaluable experience to McKay and Lang and won’t be expected to play 40 games. He’ll he fine.

10 hours ago, Michael W said:

Ok the rare occasion I see him he looks done. I’m assuming we are hoping he can do a Davie Narey?