The New Raith Rovers Thread

13 hours ago, Stellaboz said:
13 hours ago, raith1974 said:
Got to laugh at Dunfermline fans, sitting 5th in the Championship.

Well that simply isn't true.

It is now, does that help?

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Seeing him back on the park, playing well and scoring is genuinely heart warming. What a player.

I genuinely don't think I've ever wanted a player to succeed more.

He also gives us a bit of quality that we were missing up top.  The difference with him back and fit, is huge.  It is a cliche, but it genuinely is like signing a new player. 

Would love to have seen him score another hat-trick on Tuesday, but 100% the correct decision to sub him. 

He was on a booking and the challenges from the Pars players were becoming evermore robust as they became frustrated. 

I'd leave him out of the Livi game given we've got three gargantuan games starting the following Saturday. 

I would now suggest that an extension of contract for Vaughan would not be a terrible thing to start considering. He has shown the ability to return to a significant amount of his previous level, if not match or exceed it. While another similar knee injury would be tragic, it would also probably presage his retirement from the professional game, so there is risk, but the return is now looking quite good. A couple of more games looking good, and someone will be willing to take a flyer on him.

I would like to draw attention to the 4th goal. Not as noteworthy as the others, however it's great play and hendrys incisive pass just cuts open the entire defence and Gullan has so much room to take his time and finish. 

2 minutes ago, Michael W said:

1. f**k me, no, his legs are long since shot.

2. That's the second time - the other was the official site - that mention was made of Lang and Zannata on pre contracts but not Keatings. 

He'll be taking Davidson's squad place. That's a like-for-like improvement. 

Could there be other options out there who'd offer a greater improvement? In terms of sheer technical ability and fitness, almost certainly. But with a squad as young as ours, it's no bad thing to have a couple of old heads around. 

7 minutes ago, Michael W said:

At least it looks like red card Davidson will finally retire or leave. Berra although getting on will provide a vast of experience for McKay, Lang and maybe Mendy if he is still around.