The New Raith Rovers Thread

9 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I still maintain that David McGurn's much delayed testimonial must've had McGlynn wondering about getting back into the dugout. I actually sat at that game (I think we'd just drawn against Brechin or Montrose the day before with Cuthbert in charge) thinking how good it was if he'd come back permanently. A week later he was the manager again!

I saw the manager that day and practically begged him to come back but from what I've heard since I'm certain his two hats were already in the ring by then. 

Last nights performance is in the top 5 Rovers displays I've seen and I was lucky enough to watch us in the early 90's. 

20 hours ago, Rover1990 said:

Tade, Graham, Nisbet etc all came with big question marks and Mcglynn helped them take that next step in their careers.  As others have said there is a player in their just needs to come in with the right mindset to work hard and listen.  Still young enough fingers crossed this turns out to be a good signing.

I’d take Graham back in a heartbeat. Zanatta is definitely a step backwards imo. But we’ve got to trust McGlynn, he must see something most of us don’t.

27 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Brian Graham's interview with RaithTV was superb btw. He actually says he's struggled since leaving Raith with some managers who don't put a much of a focus on analysis.

It was an excellent interview. 

Funny hearing about how Graham and Bairdy were going to batter each other at half time. 

GOAL! Best pals. 

Graham came across as a right likeable boy. 

1 hour ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

It was an excellent interview. 

Funny hearing about how Graham and Bairdy were going to batter each other at half time. 

GOAL! Best pals. 

Graham came across as a right likeable boy. 

Brian Graham should be the next target, the interview alone tells you he wants to be at Stark’s. Or is that just me 🤣

Just now, Michael W said:

We've signed Nathan Cooney, a CB, on loan from Dundee Utd. 

We do need defensive cover but hopefully this was in the works before Macdonald went off injured last night. 

Yeah I think today is the last day we can sign loan players so hopefully just cheap squad filler planning ahead, in case Davidson gets a longer ban after his hearing rather than because of any injury issue with the current back 4.

22 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Yeah I think today is the last day we can sign loan players so hopefully just cheap squad filler planning ahead, in case Davidson gets a longer ban after his hearing rather than because of any injury issue with the current back 4.

You'd think so. We needed someone in and the MacDonald injury just highlights that we are one injury away from a crisis at the back. 

Luckily we've no league match for 10 days now so hopefully MacDonald will be back for that. Not fussed if he makes the cup match. 

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

We've signed Nathan Cooney, a CB, on loan from Dundee Utd. 

We do need defensive cover but hopefully this was in the works before Macdonald went off injured last night. 

As far as I'm aware he's right sided, no idea if that means anything either way though.

4 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Brian Graham's interview with RaithTV was superb btw. He actually says he's struggled since leaving Raith with some managers who don't put a much of a focus on analysis.

Yup, I'd echo this. Really worth listening to. 

I'd completely forgotten about Brian Graham's boot deal with Pelé 😂

These are the games that Regan Hendry and Lewis Vaughan have started together and completed under John McGlynn without being injured/sent off:
5-1 win vs Dumbarton   
4-0 win vs Peterhead   
1-1 draw vs Ayr   
5-1 win vs Dunfermline 
I will blame the Ayr game on the horrendous pitch!

Having seen all our games against you guys this season it’s maybe more like our ability to drag you down to our level of hoofball!

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

As far as I'm aware he's right sided, no idea if that means anything either way though.

Yes, but Frankie has shown he can easily cover KMac, so Cooney can slot into the Mendy spot where Frankie was. Sounds like he’s about Mendy’s level, with a short Kelty loan.

I mean we don't know what level he is at as he hasn't played any first team games other than at Kelty. All being well we won't need to use him at all but gives us the extra body if needed.

5 hours ago, TxRover said:

Yes, but Frankie has shown he can easily cover KMac, so Cooney can slot into the Mendy spot where Frankie was. Sounds like he’s about Mendy’s level, with a short Kelty loan.

I would be loathe to break up the Benedictus - Musonda partnership unless absolutely necessary. If MacDonald misses a game or two I think I would prefer to use Armstrong at full back than play Mendy or Cooney at centre half. 

23 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I would be loathe to break up the Benedictus - Musonda partnership unless absolutely necessary. If MacDonald misses a game or two I think I would prefer to use Armstrong at full back than play Mendy or Cooney at centre half. 

If Kieran MacDonald isn't available for Livingston, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Cooney came in to make up a back three and Armstrong got to play wing-back rather than full-back.