The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

2 years ago this weekend, we scraped a 1-1 draw away to Stenhousemuir as we fell 12 points behind Arbroath.

I remember a lot of fans in League One laughing at us and wondering why the vast majority of Rovers fans retained faith in McGlynn towards the end of that season...

I remember a lot of fans in League One laughing at us and wondering why the vast majority of Rovers fans retained faith in McGlynn towards the end of that season...
I remember a few of our fans being the exact same way, not two weeks ago.

I remember a few of our fans being the exact same way, not two weeks ago.

Think most was tongue in cheek to be fair as our form dipped shortly after McGlynn came back. Not sure McGlynn has many doubters in our support as managers go he’s got a size-able backing from the fans over the years.

I still maintain that David McGurn's much delayed testimonial must've had McGlynn wondering about getting back into the dugout. I actually sat at that game (I think we'd just drawn against Brechin or Montrose the day before with Cuthbert in charge) thinking how good it was if he'd come back permanently. A week later he was the manager again!

McGylnn is a class above anybody on P&B and tonight showed it. He had this game in mind on Saturday with his team selection and rested his ‘big players’ aka Vaughan Kennedy gullan, and it payed off big time. Dunfermline couldn’t get close to them in midfield. 

Hendry, you can’t begrudge him if he’s off next season, matthews, Vaughan, spencer, Kennedy and the back 4 were superb tonight. 

he 100% played the Morton game with tonight in mind playing king in midfield as the rest ran the show. 

I feel lucky to see the boys the now play as I didn’t see the nichol era and only been following since 2005- but wow tonight must be up their with the best I’ve seen the rovers, even tho dunf were poor it doesn’t take away how good we were, and a bit of sickner I wasn’t there.

15 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Think most was tongue in cheek to be fair as our form dipped shortly after McGlynn came back. Not sure McGlynn has many doubters in our support as managers go he’s got a size-able backing from the fans over the years.

The ones suggesting Smudger take over weren’t!

8 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Raith very good tonight that is how to play football pass and move Dunfermline chasing shadows .

The Raith pitch looked very good as well it looks a massive upgrade on Palmerston .

It’s a simple game, we (all) just make it look difficult most of the time.

Queens certainly liked it (pitch) last visit.

Most weren't. I don't actually encourage it, but have a look on fb etc for the past few weeks. The amount of people suggesting it is ridiculous.
I still maintain that David McGurn's much delayed testimonial must've had McGlynn wondering about getting back into the dugout. I actually sat at that game (I think we'd just drawn against Brechin or Montrose the day before with Cuthbert in charge) thinking how good it was if he'd come back permanently. A week later he was the manager again!
I honestly text the Mrs when mcglynn was late coming out joking that he must have been sorting his contract out. Low and behold, he became our manager a few days later, and mcgurn is now one of our coaches.

46 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Way to bring your fellow supporters back down to Earth.

Bear in mind DZ joined two championship sides that both  had STINKING seasons, hope he isn’t looking for a hatrick 

These are the games that Regan Hendry and Lewis Vaughan have started together and completed under John McGlynn without being injured/sent off:

5-1 win vs Dumbarton   
4-0 win vs Peterhead   
1-1 draw vs Ayr   
5-1 win vs Dunfermline 

I will blame the Ayr game on the horrendous pitch!

Edited by R.R.FC

Right the wee team have had their football lesson it's  now time to look at the next game Ferranti Thistle in the Scottish cup and by the way they are playing they will be a couple of steps above the scum from the west of fife. Head up and get stuck in the Rovers.