The New Raith Rovers Thread

I was pissed off when Ayr signed Zanarr and saw nothing during his time at Ayr to change my view if him. Absolute imposter. You are welcome to him. In fact, if we can get in a replacement before Wednesday I will personally drive him to Kirkcaldy on Thursday, if you want.

46 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

In general, I quite like these pre-contract deals. Certainly getting the business done early is preferable to a more Jim Duffy-esque approach to the window where you've only got four guys at pre-season training. 

In terms of Zanatta, I'm surprised John McGlynn has felt the need to get him locked down this early. I can't imagine clubs would've been falling over themselves to sign him. Thinking about it now, though, he must surely be at the bottom end of the wage table for full-time players, and he's shown enough promise to (hopefully) be a good squad player at this level. It's possibly just a case of the gaffer filling a place nice and early, with someone who has experience at this level, can play in a couple of positions, won't be demanding a start every week and won't cost the earth. 

Is my rampant optimism showing again? 

No your a fucking twat!

1 minute ago, Shibuya said:

I will drive Dario up the road myself, won't even ask him for any petrol money either. He must have a really good agent as he's been stealing a wage for the best part of, well....ever!

Aye I REALLY wanted him to be a success to get some sort of moral victory over all the Partick fans who were pishing themselves laughing at us for signing him but sadly wasn't to be.     He definitely does seem to have ability but just rarely showed it.  Ironically could have saved Kerr his job if he had taken one of the 4 great chances he had in the home defeat to Arbroath that led to the sacking, actually felt sorry for him that day.  Has played about 10 mins since 

6 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Yeah, that's a bold move by Dario there. 

Loan move to Raith tomorrow and keeps Ayr up by inspiring the Rovers to wins against Alloa and Arbroath, having his finest moments as an Ayr player whilst not actually playing for us.     Could work.    

19 minutes ago, Michael W said:

I don't think he'll be making any more appearances for Ayr, tbh. 

Thank god as he has been a major disappointment , just as he had been with his last 2 previous clubs , thought we were going to get a half decent player when he signed 

There’s a player there somewhere... I’m perhaps not as downbeat as some of my fellow rovers. I feel like he’s been brought in to be meat in the room anyway, so to speak.

There’s another out of contract winger who’s been on loan to us previously I’d have far preferred us to sign on a PCA.

Doesn’t seem like the type of signing a club with ambitions of playing in the premiership, or indeed finishing in the top four of the championship, next season would be making.

A very underwhelming signing.

But he did show flashes of talent in there somewhere. If McGlynn can get him to cut out the diving and screw the nut à la Kevin Nisbet then maybe we’ve got a player.

I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt because the baldy messiah deserves the benefit of the doubt.