The New Raith Rovers Thread

Think Livingston would be a good move for Hendry, and you’d struggle to find a Rovers supporter who’d grudge him it. Think he’d manage the step up, given he improved his overall fitness a little. He’s comfortably a good enough footballer, IMO. Duku started off like a house on fire but has really struggled for form for the last 3 months or so. His movement and touch is below average and his link up isn’t what you’d call Premiership standard. Don’t think he’d manage the step up. 

That being said, it’s Livi and you have signed worse players and they’ve performed, so who knows. 

If Regan Hendry ends up at a Livi I might greet. He should be showing far more ambition than that. It would be depressing as f**k if he goes to a club who are to all intents and purposes are a similar stature to ourselves but a higher level. 

Being a supporter of a club who’s now lost two of our best players to them I can understand your frustration.

10 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

If Regan Hendry ends up at a Livi I might greet. He should be showing far more ambition than that. It would be depressing as f**k if he goes to a club who are to all intents and purposes are a similar stature to ourselves but a higher level. 

Same thing has happened with Dykes, Forrest, Crawford and a few others. If he comes here and has anywhere near the season Dykes did then he's moving on to a Championship side down south for 2m+ and earning 10x whatever either of us could pay. A good chance we're playing in Europe too which could be a draw for him

Being a supporter of a club who’s now lost two of our best players to them I can understand your frustration.
If we lose him, we might get a nominal fee for development later on but obviously no sell ons. I expect we'll be similar to Ayr going forward. Pretty much everyone of our fans is we'll aware we're going to be stripped of a fair bit of talent this summer.

If we lose him, we might get a nominal fee for development later on but obviously no sell ons. I expect we'll be similar to Ayr going forward. Pretty much everyone of our fans is we'll aware we're going to be stripped of a fair bit of talent this summer.

Yeah you’ll be in a similar situation to we were after the 18-19 season. Shankland, Rose, Crawford and Smith all left and we really only replaced Crawford with Stephen Kelly from Rangers. Most of our fans could recognise that we would never have been able to replace the likes of Shankland or Rose but I think we all thought we’d have done better than Kris Doolan and Sam Roscoe.

I didn’t grudge Forrest or Crawford a move to Livi as it’s still a step up, more exposure and better money but it’s still frustrating as Livingston have shown that it’s perfectly possible for clubs our size to get into the top flight but we really needed our best players to stay put in order to achieve that.