The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 hours ago, grumswall said:
3 hours ago, TxRover said:
Weaker than the other option, IMHO...your mileage may vary.

What do you propose the lineup would be with both our fullbacks playing at cb?

Assuming Davo is done, Mendy is absent and Bene and Frankie get broken...why not go old school 2-3-5 (not that old, as I played that as a kid in school and leagues):

JMac

Tumilty/KMac (both staying home)

Spencer/Hendry/Matthews (shading defensively)

Tait/Vaughan/Duku/Kennedy/Armstrong (hell for leather attacking)

If that doesn’t cause a bit of chaos before the starting whistle...

I suppose there is always something after your cash but the "Sell Out San Starko" at donateaticket.com is going reasonably well with over 900 sales at £5 with little publicity. This is designed to replace some of the lost streaming income from our game against the pars. No doubt this amount will leap up when more  of the high rollers on here become involved. Hopefully, we can achieve 2-3000 sales. 

44 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I knew this ludicrous suggestion felt familiar. We had the same thing the last time we played Morton at Stark's.

Even better when you consider the "back two" in those dying embers of Gary Locke's - already overly long - serious football career were none other than Mark Stewart and Bobby Barr....

Guinea-Bissau play again on Tuesday.
Even if Mendy arrives back in Scotland on Wednesday he’ll need to quarantine for 10 days which takes him to the 10th April so he’ll miss four games minimum (Morton on Sat, Dunfermline on Tues, Livi Sat, Arbroath sat 10th).

Still think you’re right that we won’t sign anyone but it’s quite a few games.

Even if Mendy arrives back in Scotland on Wednesday he’ll need to quarantine for 10 days which takes him to the 10th April so he’ll miss four games minimum (Morton on Sat, Dunfermline on Tues, Livi Sat, Arbroath sat 10th).

Davidson should be available for the Arbroath game, as well as the QoS one that follows. Both are between serving his five match ban and the disciplinary hearing.

Three more to go with only four defenders. The real disaster would be losing someone tomorrow for the Pars match, which is looking season-defining.

40 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Why does he need to quarantine ? 
I thought elite sports people didn’t have to

Scotland players coming back from Israel after Sunday’s game won’t  🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Beastie Russell said:

However, Mendy was just in Eswatini for a match, which is a Red List county requiring 10 days isolation in an approved hotel. The question is does that 1) apply to athletics playing international matches (and hopefully testing) 2) does it matter if he’s managed to get vaccinated (not sure what the status of that is within the SPFL) or not?

2 hours ago, stevoraith said:

Earliest possible return would likely be on April 1st because of schedules and connections...which potentially isolates in London until April 11th...returns April 12th, completely out of game shape. That puts him out until at least the QoS game, as you note.

Scotland players coming back from Israel after Sunday’s game won’t  [emoji2369]

Never thought about that to be honest... I guess you’re probably right but I don’t know.

7 hours ago, Beastie Russell said:

Are you certain? Non-acute risk countries is where they visited, but that still calls for 10 days self isolation...perhaps the testing changes that?