The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, true_rover said:
1 hour ago, Raith_Raver said:
Davo was elligible but wasn't even on the bench - I wonder if that's significant.

Pretty sure he was suspended - the SFA list said 4 first team games, plus an additional league game

OK ta. I was of the impression that suspensions only applied to the competition the indiscipline was committed in.

1 hour ago, true_rover said:
1 hour ago, Raith_Raver said:
Davo was elligible but wasn't even on the bench - I wonder if that's significant.

Pretty sure he was suspended - the SFA list said 4 first team games, plus an additional league game

16 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

OK ta. I was of the impression that suspensions only applied to the competition the indiscipline was committed in.

1 minute ago, true_rover said:
17 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

I think it depends on the offence, violent conduct is a straight away suspension.

The issued suspension is by competition. The investigated matter might result in a suspension applying to all SPFL/SFA competitions.

It must be a rare occurrence in football for some fans to be demanding the sacking of a player with almost 500 appearances for the club and over 11 years of service based on an ongoing investigation where we have no idea what he is alleged to have said and if he has actually said it.

He has been stupid for the double red and lost the plot due to, from all evidence I have seen, a ridiculous red card decision from an incompetent ref. He should know better at his age and it’s annoying but it’s hardly a sackable offence.

If he is found guilty of the other accusations of discriminatory comments then it will be very difficult to defend and he should go but let the club and the SFA carry out their investigation first and get all the facts and information required before we rush to make judgements either way.

Edited by R.R.FC

35 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

Before he's been investigated? 

I shudder to think how many people in the gang hut at the bottom of the royal mile would have had their jotters on this basis these last few months. 

You can hear Davidson repeatedly calling Todorov a “fucking diving c**t” in the immediate aftermath of the coming together which saw him get the first red. Not something anyone will have much of an issue with. Anything else he’s said certainly wasn’t picked up by the microphones. That’s not to say it wasn’t said, or wasn’t picked up. Let the investigation take place and see what happened after that.

4 hours ago, TxRover said:

The issued suspension is by competition. The investigated matter might result in a suspension applying to all SPFL/SFA competitions.

Sun article suggests he was suspended for Scottish Cup as well...which would change a few things with regard to timing. So, looking it up, there is a proviso...

4 hours ago, TxRover said:

I was incorrect in the case of Serious Foul Play reds. It applies to all First Team matches, including Cups, if acquired in a League match.

Notice of Complaint | Iain Davidson, Player, Raith Rovers FC

Wednesday 24 March 2021

Alleged Party in Breach: Iain Davidson, Player, Raith Rovers FC

Date: Tuesday 16 March 2021

Competition: Scottish Championship

Match: Raith Rovers FC v Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC

Disciplinary Rule allegedly breached:

Disciplinary Rule 202: No player shall commit Excessive Misconduct at a match.

Principal hearing date: Thursday 15 April 2021