The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 hours ago, stevoraith said:

Where did you hear that?

John was clearly angry at the red card in the interview but it wasn’t clear if the anger was directed at the player or the official.

It was in the Courier today. Apparently the appeal documentation was lodged yesterday.

If their broadband cuts out straight after the referee brings the card out, he might be okay.  Otherwise, its fucked.  He had his hand round the guys neck, aswell as volleying some abuse at him.

Fair play, there's no half measures :lol:

2 hours ago, CALDERON said:

If their broadband cuts out straight after the referee brings the card out, he might be okay.  Otherwise, its fucked.  He had his hand round the guys neck, aswell as volleying some abuse at him.

Fair play, there's no half measures :lol:

As I said before, I expect 4 or 5 game suspension to be the final result, 2 for the first (Red Card) event, and then 1-3 for the subsequent activity. If it was reported as a second violent conduct, it’s certain to be at least an additional two.

Talk reaches me today that Davo received 2 red cards. Or more precisely, has been reported for committing an offence worthy of a red card, having already received a red card. If this is true, and it could easily be (the offence, whatever it was, then grabbing an opponent by the throat), we've not a hope in hell.

I think the ref didn’t take too kindly to him calling him a fucking disgrace and the player on the floor a fucking diver.
The red seems correct, but then when you see the replay and there is a seconds delay before the inverness boy goes down.

2 hours ago, buchan30 said:

I think the ref didn’t take too kindly to him calling him a fucking disgrace and the player on the floor a fucking diver.
The red seems correct, but then when you see the replay and there is a seconds delay before the inverness boy goes down.

To my eyes it looked like Davo hooked him down, hence the delay.

5 hours ago, Michael W said:

The appeal means he's free to play on Saturday, doesn't it? 

If he did indeed receive another red then his appeal is fucked. 

The way the JPP reads, it's a mess. The "second red" isn't, in that context, a red as much as an additional red cardable offense. Note the U.K. record for red cards to single player in one match is 6, so if the ref had flashed the red again, it would be two reds, but it seems he simply reported a second offence (that rose to the red card level) in his match report. It seems, from a quick reading of the JPP, that the appeal of the primary red card offense should toll any additional suspensions, but I'm nowhere near convinced that the SPFL would allow Davo to play after that mess...and I would hope JMcG and PS feel the same way. Until the SPFL issue a new JPP report, I don't currently see a Fast Track Tribunal scheduled for Davo so just don't know what the plan is.

The way the JPP reads, it's a mess. The "second red" isn't, in that context, a red as much as an additional red cardable offense. Note the U.K. record for red cards to single player in one match is 6, so if the ref had flashed the red again, it would be two reds, but it seems he simply reported a second offence (that rose to the red card level) in his match report. It seems, from a quick reading of the JPP, that the appeal of the primary red card offense should toll any additional suspensions, but I'm nowhere near convinced that the SPFL would allow Davo to play after that mess...and I would hope JMcG and PS feel the same way. Until the SPFL issue a new JPP report, I don't currently see a Fast Track Tribunal scheduled for Davo so just don't know what the plan is.

Had to watch it a few times, but the ict boy goes down like he’s been shot. Aye, davo is climbing on him, but there isn’t enough contact to merit the late bundle to the floor. It is an attempt to get a free kick and possibly the raith player booked. They can’t believe their luck when the ref pulls out the red. As shown when the other player turns and shouts yes and gives a mini fist pump. At 1st glance i had the same reaction of davo committing a stupid foul, but after seeing it several times i think we are quite right to appeal it.

Had to watch it a few times, but the ict boy goes down like he’s been shot. Aye, davo is climbing on him, but there isn’t enough contact to merit the late bundle to the floor. It is an attempt to get a free kick and possibly the raith player booked. They can’t believe their luck when the ref pulls out the red. As shown when the other player turns and shouts yes and gives a mini fist pump. At 1st glance i had the same reaction of davo committing a stupid foul, but after seeing it several times i think we are quite right to appeal it.
It wasn't a sending off. The attempted chokeslam and stupid abuse is hard to argue against though. There's a ban to be had but not for the original supposed offence.

2 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Can anyone tell me if the current Jamie Gullan is any relation to the strong, powerful and dynamic Jamie Gullan we had last time?

He did better today. Would still like to see him more central. Imagine we might have presented some threat had we moved him into the middle instead of subbing on Abraham.