The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Alright lads, Jamie Barjonas any good?

Think Partick Thistle fans have more recent experience of him.

Otherwise, he wasn't any good for us in league 1. Some of that may be that he was coasting through it in the knowledge he was better than our shitshow. On the whole, anonymous. Scored one rasper and guaranteed to score on Saturday.

3 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Alright lads, Jamie Barjonas any good?

In a word? No. 

Maybe he's improved since he was with us, but he scored a belter from 25 yards on his debut at Stark's and then set about proving it was a fluke with the rest of his performances. 

I'm not aware of him setting the heather alight at Thistle, either. 

I'd have thought he'd be better suited to having a shot at League One for the tail end of this season and seeing how he got on. 

This is surely last chance saloon for him at full-time level. Maybe he'll have a decent turn and get himself a proper contract at Ayr, but it's heavy Ross Perry vibes for me, I'm afraid. 

In a word? No. 
Maybe he's improved since he was with us, but he scored a belter from 25 yards on his debut at Stark's and then set about proving it was a fluke with the rest of his performances. 
I'm not aware of him setting the heather alight at Thistle, either. 
I'd have thought he'd be better suited to having a shot at League One for the tail end of this season and seeing how he got on. 
This is surely last chance saloon for him at full-time level. Maybe he'll have a decent turn and get himself a proper contract at Ayr, but it's heavy Ross Perry vibes for me, I'm afraid. 
How many Ibrox loanees have we had fire in wonder goals in their first 5 games then look rotten? Thompson, Roberts, Barjonas. Any others? Ideally Kai Kennedy won't go that way.

How many Ibrox loanees have we had fire in wonder goals in their first 5 games then look rotten? Thompson, Roberts, Barjonas. Any others? Ideally Kai Kennedy won't go that way.

Ryan Hardie. Brilliant when he fancied it. Rotten when he couldn’t be arsed.

McGlyn  clearly correctly  identifies that the problem is with finishing, so if he admits that is the problem then why doesn’t he play the only striker who has scored  a decent return of goals this season ?

Edited by spot on

1 hour ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Because he’s been absolutely awful for months as well.

Duku is night and day from what he was. I wonder, like others, whether there's background to it. It's not that he's suddenly become hopeless, I think the enthusiasm has drained from him.

8 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Because he’s been absolutely awful for months as well.

If that’s correct, he’s not played that much football recently. He’s the only forward we have who has stats to get excited about. 

2CF51EA4-D24F-4619-B157-8947714D3C47.png

Compare that to earlier in the season where he was often left on for the full 90 minutes. Something must be up. Either way, we look clueless now, so something needs to change before we start sliding down the table.

E993A785-0E00-424A-85D4-004C24929B0A.png

Edited by Scary Bear

11 hours ago, stevoraith said:

Big John not looking/sounding too happy in the Ayr pre-match interview.

Notable by their absence were any questions from Niall on Davos red card.
Would love to know John’s opinion on it.

We've appealed the red card. 

Talk reaches me today that Davo received 2 red cards. Or more precisely, has been reported for committing an offence worthy of a red card, having already received a red card. If this is true, and it could easily be (the offence, whatever it was, then grabbing an opponent by the throat), we've not a hope in hell.

13 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
5 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Talk reaches me today that Davo received 2 red cards. Or more precisely, has been reported for committing an offence worthy of a red card, having already received a red card. If this is true, and it could easily be (the offence, whatever it was, then grabbing an opponent by the throat), we've not a hope in hell.

He got two red cards up at Peterhead last season too.