The New Raith Rovers Thread

I'll just go and check the media accounts of each of our players in turn then. Jings......
I get abuse if I name players for being daft, I get abuse if I don't... What's a guy to do.

Looking forward to my McDonald's breakfast on the way to work tomorrow though. It may be an exspence, I could do without. If you can't get a couple from that then your on your own kid.

I get abuse if I name players for being daft, I get abuse if I don't... What's a guy to do.

Looking forward to my McDonald's breakfast on the way to work tomorrow though. It may be an exspence, I could do without. If you can't get a couple from that then your on your own kid.
I'd found one, so cheers for the other.

31 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Hopefully you don't end up a stait!

I take it Spencer’s deleted whatever he put on? I couldn’t find anything on his Twitter.

Come on stevo. You know as well as I do they all have dad's or uncles that were OF fans. That we have been to watch the rovers play at celtic Park and ibrox more than they have, as massive fans of their clubs, doesnt mean a thing.

That’s true. Dad went to Ibrox twice on the Cardenden loyal supporters bus so they’re not a glory hunter.

9 hours ago, grumswall said:
10 hours ago, Brashy said:
What have I missed?

A few of our players lapping up everything involved with rangers this weekend.

What’s the big deal, as long as they give their all for Raith Rovers. 

Well, now we’ve cleared up opinions on supporting the OF, we have five matches versus the current numbers 7-9 teams. Teams with respective WDDLD, WLLLW and LLDDL records in the past five matches, for a net 3-5-7 record, are up next and we've been woefully inconsistent. 12 points won by us, or dropped by Alloa, will assure at least ninth place for this season, and honestly a simple 3 points probably assures Championship play next year.

This stretch will likely bake our final position as a playoff team, a middle of the pack filler, or (almost inconceivably, at least if you aren’t a Raith fan) relegation threatened. With a mostly healthy teamsheet and a clear favorite playing style, how are we looking? Tuesday’s game versus Ayr has favorable conditions, next Tuesday’s game a bit breezy but still good and Morton is too far out to tell, but on the Stark’s rug...Inverness on Friday looks  wet and breezy while Ayr the following Saturday looks nice, if a bit breezy and moist the preceding days, so we can expect both grounds to be at least a wee bit heavy and not as favorable to our preferred manner of play. The Tuesday match at Albion before the Morton fixture will also unfortunately hinder our condition.

So, even if the fixture congestion isn’t favorable to us, the overall lay of the land is decent for us to make a run for some daylight between us and the trailing pack, if JMcG can finally break the WLWL habit we’ve established.

41 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Well, now we’ve cleared up opinions on supporting the OF, we have five matches versus the current numbers 7-9 teams. Teams with respective WDDLD, WLLLW and LLDDL records in the past five matches, for a net 3-5-7 record, are up next and we've been woefully inconsistent. 12 points won by us, or dropped by Alloa, will assure at least ninth place for this season, and honestly a simple 3 points probably assures Championship play next year.

This stretch will likely bake our final position as a playoff team, a middle of the pack filler, or (almost inconceivably, at least if you aren’t a Raith fan) relegation threatened. With a mostly healthy teamsheet and a clear favorite playing style, how are we looking? Tuesday’s game versus Ayr has favorable conditions, next Tuesday’s game a bit breezy but still good and Morton is too far out to tell, but on the Stark’s rug...Inverness on Friday looks  wet and breezy while Ayr the following Saturday looks nice, if a bit breezy and moist the preceding days, so we can expect both grounds to be at least a wee bit heavy and not as favorable to our preferred manner of play. The Tuesday match at Albion before the Morton fixture will also unfortunately hinder our condition.

So, even if the fixture congestion isn’t favorable to us, the overall lay of the land is decent for us to make a run for some daylight between us and the trailing pack, if JMcG can finally break the WLWL habit we’ve established.

It all depends if their playing squads are made up mainly of Celtic or The Rangers fans. If Celtic, the players will be deflated and demoralised and we'll prevail easily. If The Rangers, the opposite may be true.

49 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

It all depends if their playing squads are made up mainly of Celtic or The Rangers fans. If Celtic, the players will be deflated and demoralised and we'll prevail easily. If The Rangers, the opposite may be true.

Surely they are all just superficial fans, who only follow them on TV. Plastic fans if you will. Can the plastic fan actually care that much?

If we go WLWLWLWL to the end of the season will we still make the play-offs? For the avoidance of doubt the promotion play-offs, which of course we’ll lose as we don’t do play-offs.

Will we win a midweek game again this season? If so, which one?

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

If we go WLWLWLWL to the end of the season will we still make the play-offs? For the avoidance of doubt the promotion play-offs, which of course we’ll lose as we don’t do play-offs.

Will we win a midweek game again this season? If so, which one?

With the cut throat nature of the league this season I think continuing the sequence would be enough to make the top 4.

We'll win whatever midweek games fall within the WLWL sequence.

Just off the Roary Club Q&A with the wee man.

A really simple thing having kids asking Ross Matthews and Reghan Tumilty questions, but to see the wee mans cheesy grin and hyper ness when I got in from work was amazing.

Proud dad time seeing his boy reveling in being part of the Rovers family 👏👏👏👏