The New Raith Rovers Thread

10 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

How about Deas, maybe that Fifer wants to come home?

He's looked a bit iffy at times this season but he does have potential.  He'd probably flourish if he had an experienced head alongside him.  I don't really think having one of Brad Mckay or Daniel Devine beside him every week is doing him much good.

I still find this whole announcing PCA thing weird.

Also kinda ruins the summer transfer window as you know what is coming.

Having said that, Keatings and Lang should be good signings.

I still find this whole announcing PCA thing weird.
Also kinda ruins the summer transfer window as you know what is coming.
Having said that, Keatings and Lang should be good signings.

If anything it makes the summer window more exciting.

I would have thought players will see what business we’ve done, what we’re building and have watched how we’ve played. Therefore attracting a better level of player who might see this as an ambitious enjoyable place to play.

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

Keatings confirmed on official site. 

I just hope he’s not one of those players who scores for fun against us but who can’t score for us to save his life. Thankfully he didn’t sign from Airdrie so we should be okay.

53 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Keatings should be a very good signing for us.

What interests me is the timing of it with a double header with ICT looming large. 

Thought that too. Seems very Old Firm like of us to announce the pre contract signing of an opposition player a week before we play them twice. However, I am sure it is just coincidence the timing of when the deal was agreed.

Anyway, a good signing, should fit in well with our preferred style of play. 

1 hour ago, R.R.FC said:

Thought that too. Seems very Old Firm like of us to announce the pre contract signing of an opposition player a week before we play them twice. However, I am sure it is just coincidence the timing of when the deal was agreed.

Anyway, a good signing, should fit in well with our preferred style of play. 

We've done it before in the past. We announced Bobby Barr a week before we played Morton away in a game which sealed a spot in the promotion playoffs. Our fans were  singing "he's one of our own" as he got into an argument with Declan McManus. 

We've done it before in the past. We announced Bobby Barr a week before we played Morton away in a game which sealed a spot in the promotion playoffs. Our fans were  singing "he's one of our own" as he got into an argument with Declan McManus. 

I remember that

Did McManus not join us that summer as well anyway? [emoji23]

48 minutes ago, Duncypoo said:

Any word on why the game was called off?

Assuming you mean vs the Pars...one COVID case is confirmed, and an inability to field a team due to isolation is understood. Postponement is current status, with the theoretical change to a forfeit if a violation of protocols is adjudged (unlikely).

Just now, TxRover said:

Assuming you mean vs the Pars...one COVID case is confirmed, and an inability to field a team due to isolation is understood. Postponement is current status, with the theoretical change to a forfeit if a violation of protocols is adjudged (unlikely).

Nice one mate, shame, the fridge was full of cans enaw. 

20 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Keatings should be a very good signing for us.

What interests me is the timing of it with a double header with ICT looming large. 

Hoping they'll leave him out since he won't want to damage his new club's promotion ambitions.