The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, Jilted John said:

I don’t think we have scouts at our level. All of that stuff is done online now using Wyscout.

44 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Is this based on anything? I’ve never seen anything anywhere to suggest that Iain Davidson would make, far less wish to be, a scout.

We don’t run a scouting system in any big way and I wasn’t actually meaning scouting players. Davo has scouted out opposition games in the past while he himself was out injured, I seem to recall he was interviewed about it on Raith tv.

FWIW I reckon it’ll be a toss up for him between playing out another season at L1 or2 level or hanging up his boots and caddying on more of a full time basis. Either way I wouldn’t be surprised if he  ended up doing the odd favour for McGlynn as J McG trusted him to do so in the past.

23 minutes ago, kev23 said:

Hopefully we play the challenge cup final next season and he can play for us.

We played that game back in November. We won on penalties after a 2 - 2 draw.

Just now, RiG said:

We played that game back in November. We won on penalties after a 2 - 2 draw.

You mean the match Rovers won on penalties after a 3-3 draw? Ironically thanks in part to a miss by James Keatings in the shootout.

21 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Even in the unlikely event he’s utter shite, it’s a great signing because it’ll finally stop him scoring against us.

These are my thoughts also. For the same reason we should have signed Scott Agnew when we were in league 1.

Looking forward to the massive amount of fixture congestion coming with the Scottish Cup dates announced along with fitting in the Inverness game (now on the 16th) as well as the Dunfermline game.

Stirling cup game now on the 23rd, QoS game on 3rd April will need to move to either midweek before or after with the Dunfermline game filling the other slot assuming that either we or they win Cup second round games.

13 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

This importance of signing Keatings really cannot be overestimated. It's like Tokyo coming to a mutual agreement with Godzilla. 

Pretty sure they did when Mothma turned up.

Looking forward to the massive amount of fixture congestion coming with the Scottish Cup dates announced along with fitting in the Inverness game (now on the 16th) as well as the Dunfermline game.

Stirling cup game now on the 23rd, QoS game on 3rd April will need to move to either midweek before or after with the Dunfermline game filling the other slot assuming that either we or they win Cup second round games.

Looking very busy through March now. As I understand it:

Ayr March 9th
ICT March 12th
ICT March 16th
Ayr March 20th
Stirling March 23rd
Morton March 27th
Livi (hopefully) April 3rd

Four weeks until the end of the season at that stage, with Queens away and Pars at home still to be squeezed in. One of them may well go into March 30th.

Can’t really afford any more cancellations.

25 minutes ago, Paco said:

Looking very busy through March now. As I understand it:

Ayr March 9th
ICT March 12th
ICT March 16th
Ayr March 20th
Stirling March 23rd
Morton March 27th
Livi (hopefully) April 3rd

Four weeks until the end of the season at that stage, with Queens away and Pars at home still to be squeezed in. One of them may well go into March 30th.

Can’t really afford any more cancellations.

That’s sucks for me I’m night shift for the next 21 days, 4 put of 5 games are evening kick offs!😣

Better get this inability to win midweek dealt with tout suit.