The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

^^^^^^got held back a year.

I changed it because I didnt want to look like I was challenging his eduction....

errr... education!

PS there seem to be a few anonymous posters hovering around

Edited by Raith_Raver

Do you think the standard of Kirkcaldy's education has sunk so low?  [emoji2955]

I know who Methuselah is.... but I’m afraid I was (and remain) wooshed.
Maybe RE in the 90s wasn’t as thorough as in the good old days [emoji12]

3 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

I know who Methuselah is.... but I’m afraid I was (and remain) wooshed.
Maybe RE in the 90s wasn’t as thorough as in the good old days emoji12.png

I just had a laugh to myself when I saw McKay being  "a great age".  Just my sense of humour which doesn't seem to be shared by many.

7 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

A Methuselah is a double Magnum.

I don't like to be pedantic but a magnum is 1.5 litres, a Methuselah is 6 litres, so four magnums. However, I admit that I didn't know that a methuselah was a large bottle of wine.

PS I was educated in Kirkcaldy

Edited by Raith_Raver

9 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

Do you think the standard of Kirkcaldy's education has sunk so low?  🤨

I actually thought you meant he looked ancient rather than referring to Mcglynns quote. I thought it had been an attempt at a the boys had a hard paper round style joke so must admit although I got the reference it still whooshed me 😂

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Just wait till we win the play offs. 

No bottles bigger than the trophy on the pitch. 

(Is there a trophy for the play off?) 

Edited by Michael W

16 hours ago, TxRover said:

As I understand it, he works at his father’s company installing sensor doors...but that’s simply something I heard.

Ready for some fun...next year’s CB list could be Lang, McKay, Bene and Mendy, add Musonda and I’d be happy....just saying. Davo’s possible coaching role doesn’t seem likely with the Rovers.

Davo getting a coaching role is more likely than Nando getting an extension. If the loan window gets extended hell be out on loan next month probably along with a youngster or 2.

I reckon Davo will have played his last season with us. Maybe a coaching role more likely a scout. 

Davo getting a coaching role is more likely than Nando getting an extension. If the loan window gets extended hell be out on loan next month probably along with a youngster or 2.
I reckon Davo will have played his last season with us. Maybe a coaching role more likely a scout. 

I don’t think we have scouts at our level. All of that stuff is done online now using Wyscout.