The New Raith Rovers Thread

What explanation do you want? 

He got Covid and lost his starting place. He's played in every game since, except one, and hasn't done too much. 

There's no grand conspiracy. We've got four strikers, including two who only joined recently. It's entirely understandable, whether or not you agree, that McGlynn try them out. 

For what it's worth, I think he'll regain his starting place on Saturday, and rightfully so. I probably would've started him against Arbroath too, but I'm not the gaffer. John McGlynn is, and we've surely all seen enough of him now to know he's particularly keen on squad rotation in certain areas of the park, without manufacturing unnecessary drama. 

Edited by Raith Against The Machine

There seems to be a thought that the supporters deserve to know all the goings on inside a football club. Do you want John McGlynn to come out in an official press release and legitimise his decision making process? I’m genuinely interested in what sort of “explanation” folk are so desperate for. 

There are all sorts of reasons why Duku may be out, and to be honest, none of them are really our business.

He is our top scorer, and it would be good to see him start soon - however he was hardly on fire in the previous weeks and months.  He also caught a virus that has affected different people in different ways.  I mentioned it before, but listen to Jamie Macdonalds interview after the Hearts win at Tynecastle - he sounded horrendous.  

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

There seems to be a thought that the supporters deserve to know all the goings on inside a football club. Do you want John McGlynn to come out in an official press release and legitimise his decision making process? I’m genuinely interested in what sort of “explanation” folk are so desperate for. 

Quite. 

Let's just say Niall or Davie do decide to bring it up in an interview...

"John, you've left Manny Duku out of the starting line up recently. Why is that?"

...and there's no exciting reason, its just squad rotation, McGlynn might answer... 

"Well, we've got a lot of quality players and they can't all start. Manny's out of the team at the moment and he'll need to be patient and work hard to get his place back." 

...or, there is a scandalous, dramatic reason for his absence, the answer would be... 

"Well, we've got a lot of quality players and they can't all start. Manny's out of the team at the moment and he'll need to be patient and work hard to get his place back." 

Excuse the fact that it is a photo of a photo. But found this whilst rummaging for other stuff tonight. Jurgen Klinsmann at the game we played them at Starks to “officially” open the new stadium. If memory serves me right, we won 1-0 and Peter Duffield scored. Also have a vague memory if the german fans, topless and singing in their section of the railway stand.

image-2021-02-24-22:00:59-494.jpg

Excuse the fact that it is a photo of a photo. But found this whilst rummaging for other stuff tonight. Jurgen Klinsmann at the game we played them at Starks to “officially” open the new stadium. If memory serves me right, we won 1-0 and Peter Duffield scored. Also have a vague memory if the german fans, topless and singing in their section of the railway stand.
2109701915_image-2021-02-24-220059-494.thumb.jpg.55794c07c05a60b8090622fb03524120.jpg
The Germans were sat just to the right of this photo, as you look at it. Topless, singing and generally having a great time. I was sat in the North stand watching them more than the game[emoji23] think it was rougier cutting in down that end to win the pen, if memory serves me right?

11 minutes ago, Rover1990 said:

McGlynn saying in his pre-match interview maybe another addition to be made before the loan market closes.  Hopefully it is a defender.

Our goal scoring rate has dropped in recent weeks. Another attacking player is a must....