The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

We’re Queens being starved of the Maroon Pound before that? Surely on the boycott list now, no chance they’ll last into March without the Maroon Pound.

Certainly, after last nights result, they’ll be on the naughty list after attempting to derail the Hertz juggernaut!

On 12/02/2021 at 12:18, CALDERON said:

Agree with that. When you look at how Mcglynn was backed in the transfer window, especially compared to some of those clubs, we should be looking to finish in the top 4.

That’s all well and good. But you can’t expect us to obliterate teams on a Saturday then get absolutely raped without Vaseline on midweek games. That’s not play off worthy. 

19 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

That’s all well and good. But you can’t expect us to obliterate teams on a Saturday then get absolutely raped without Vaseline on midweek games. That’s not play off worthy. 

That's true, but we are 7 points clear of 5th place having had a strong transfer window. Playoffs have to be the target,we aren't the plucky promoted team making up the numbers at this stage anymore.  

The thing I find weirdest about our midweek performances is that we actually train two nights a week. Its not as if the players aren't used to playing football/ training at this time of day so don't really need to adjust any eating etc more than they normally would. Could just be off days, but I haven't been confident watching a midweek game for the past few seasons now.

1 hour ago, baillieinleeds said:

I'm confident that if we win and lose alternately until the end of the season we'll finish top 4 

On 12/02/2021 at 12:15, Raith_Raver said:

I diagree. There five  clubs - Dundee Dunfermline Invernes Ayr and ourselves jostling for the play-off spots. I don't see that we're rank outsiders in the stakes at all.

Probably my natural pessimism speaking. This is the best Rovers side I’ve seen since 92. In my optimistic moments I absolutely imagine is finishing top 4 and winning the play-offs as we have absolutely no pressure and nothing to lose. It’s Rovers though, so who knows what will come to pass 

13 minutes ago, DundeeUnited9999 said:

Dont know how the club talked you into taking king but well done to them, boy hasnt played in 2 season and quite a lot of the time wasnt even in the training 22, so cheers :)

15 seconds in sums up his united career to date:

https://youtu.be/u-gDhTaBNDQ

I'm not expecting him to be challenging John McGinn and Ryan Christie for Scotland call ups, but for some players they move clubs and it's like an alignment of the stars and they can improve as players. He might turn out to be completely guff but while he's here he should get our full backing. A good few folk on here, myself included, were pretty disgusted when we signed Kevin Nisbet given his track record was awful: he then fired in 35 goals for us. Even Shankland was seen as a waster before he joined Ayr United. If I was going to trust anyone to turn around a player's fortunes at this level it would be John McGlynn.  

20 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

Probably my natural pessimism speaking. This is the best Rovers side I’ve seen since 92. In my optimistic moments I absolutely imagine is finishing top 4 and winning the play-offs as we have absolutely no pressure and nothing to lose. It’s Rovers though, so who knows what will come to pass 

Better than Ray’s team who last made the play-offs?

Please accept my apologies for the use of language on my last post. Even the wife went through me for it. So in future I won’t use  aggressive language that offends. I’ll debate sensibly from now on. No I’m not my 14 year old son. I haven’t joined the platinum club so I can’t change my name. I’ve been back in Kirkcaldy for 6 years now. Again apologies.  

22 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Please accept my apologies for the use of language on my last post. Even the wife went through me for it. So in future I won’t use  aggressive language that offends. I’ll debate sensibly from now on. No I’m not my 14 year old son. I haven’t joined the platinum club so I can’t change my name. I’ve been back in Kirkcaldy for 6 years now. Again apologies.  

Fair play 👍