The New Raith Rovers Thread

16 hours ago, grumswall said:

Tx, that's pretty much nonsense. Mcglynn has shown he has an eye for youth players, considering he set up the youth set up that brought through Vaughan, Matthews, Callachan, bates etc. He's been back 3 years? roughly and has already netted us a nice sum for bowie while bringing in excellent young players like hendry and davo.

It's unclear why duku isn't playing. My best guess is he's suffered a little worse from covid than others have and is being protected to an extent. It's hard to say ugwu is better than duku when duku is our top goalscorer. You did always champion lokotsch, who scored roughly the exact same amount of goals as ugwu has though. What do you have against the Dutch?

Fair enough opinion, much like mine is my opinion. Ugwu looks a better first touch from what little we've seen, and a threat. Agree JMcG can develop, but he's also maximized value via loans.

I think, after the Calum Elliot fiasco, announcing Pre Contracts should be banned. It also puts the player himself under pressure with his own clubs fans for the rest of the season.

To be fair, there is no guarantee that Clyde will be playing any more football this season.

Even if they do, it won’t be in front of fans anyway.

If Clyde aren't training just now I wonder if Tom will be invited to train (even PT) with the team in the interim?

It's common knowledge that many players ask to train with clubs they aren't attached to and this would give Lang an extended bedding in period.

If Clyde aren't training just now I wonder if Tom will be invited to train (even PT) with the team in the interim?
It's common knowledge that many players ask to train with clubs they aren't attached to and this would give Lang an extended bedding in period.

The club would also need to pay for Lang to be tested with the rest of the squad then despite him not being our player.

34 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

The club would also need to pay for Lang to be tested with the rest of the squad then despite him not being our player.

This. No chance he'll be in before we need him. It's an additional risk with no benefit other than him getting to know some defenders (some of who might not even be here after the summer). 

50 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Imagine him and Frankie at the back together! I get the feeling though, especially after games like Saturday, that it’s more likely he will be replacing him.

I think at least two of (and possibly all) Davison, Mendy and McKay probably won’t be with us next season. Either way we’ll need a bed centre back or two so it is a sensible signing.

4 hours ago, Enigma said:

I think at least two of (and possibly all) Davison, Mendy and McKay probably won’t be with us next season. Either way we’ll need a bed centre back or two so it is a sensible signing.

At least McKay (if fully recovered) will be with the Rovers, but agree we needed the body at RB/CB.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

At least McKay (if fully recovered) will be with the Rovers, but agree we needed the body at RB/CB.

McKay’s contract is up in the summer. I’m not convinced he’ll be here next season.