The New Raith Rovers Thread

I personally think Reagan would only leave for more money but to whom another championship club because I still think at the moment the bottom half of the premiership is still a step to far he would be better signing either for a 1 year or 2 year with us then moving on, My concern is regarding Lewis Vaughan I think he will move on if he  proves his fitness personally I think he should sign for 1year just to repay the faith the club has shown him over the last 3 years

Hendry turned down more money to sign for us by all accounts. Would be a strange change in character to decide money was the deciding factor in his future. I think the guy must have either someone giving him sound advice or his head screwed on right in that regard (stamp excluded). If Vaughan can prove his fitness, I'd like to think he will show more of the same loyalty he has already shown to us. If he chose to move on though I wouldn't begrudge him the opportunity of moving up a level. Half a season of being fit most likely won't be enough for teams in a higher league to take notice though.

45 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Hendry turned down more money to sign for us by all accounts. Would be a strange change in character to decide money was the deciding factor in his future. I think the guy must have either someone giving him sound advice or his head screwed on right in that regard (stamp excluded). If Vaughan can prove his fitness, I'd like to think he will show more of the same loyalty he has already shown to us. If he chose to move on though I wouldn't begrudge him the opportunity of moving up a level. Half a season of being fit most likely won't be enough for teams in a higher league to take notice though.

Totally agree I wouldn’t grudge Vaughan a move however I think he needs another season fully fit to prove his worth to potential suitors, Think I’m just accustomed to the usual scenario losing our best players to other teams for more cash

Totally agree I wouldn’t grudge Vaughan a move however I think he needs another season fully fit to prove his worth to potential suitors, Think I’m just accustomed to the usual scenario losing our best players to other teams for more cash

I could see us following a similar path as Ayr have since promotion. Couple of good seasons, but ultimately having to replace alot of players as they are picked off by "bigger" teams. If mcglynn sticks around then iv got the same full confidence I had when he came back, that he will improve us again.

Just now, spot on said:

Really please but surprised at this one. That’s four good strikers but we only normally play with one striker. Hope that doesn’t mean one is on the way out🤔

Gullan isn't an out and out striker to me. He'll be battling for one of the spots playing off the striker. 

Just now, Wardy said:

Can only guess that Ugwu won’t be coming back any time soon from injury? 

Mcglynn said would be next Sat and the commentary on Sat said Ugwu himself thought he may even make Wed. 

Think it's more down to John McGlynn being the fucking boy.