The New Raith Rovers Thread

Fair enough. I'd still be in favour of a special award for the tv crew/volunteers at the first HoF whenever it's to be. Would I be right in saying that Messrs Penman and Hutton are HoF inductees? Gordon I think was a special award thanking him for his long service.

Edited by embow

I’m all for praising Raith TV, and they deserve most of the plaudits they get on here but I think actually getting to see this team in the flesh is probably reward enough. I’d give my right arm to be in that privileged position frankly.

Anyone heard anything about Regan Hendry’s contract? I know he’s not signed a new one but not heard anything about signing a pre contract with anyone else. Would love to keep him but I think he’s away in the summer. Just surprised it’s not been mentioned if he’s signing for another club unless I missed it.

1 hour ago, San Starko Rover said:

Anyone heard anything about Regan Hendry’s contract? I know he’s not signed a new one but not heard anything about signing a pre contract with anyone else. Would love to keep him but I think he’s away in the summer. Just surprised it’s not been mentioned if he’s signing for another club unless I missed it.

After yesterday all I can say is Regan who?

Mulling over the next few games...#3, #6 and #5 coming up...then back to the lower end of the league. I think at least 5 points would be the minimum for us to remain competative for top four, and that would also all but assure survival at this level.

13 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Mulling over the next few games...#3, #6 and #5 coming up...then back to the lower end of the league. I think at least 5 points would be the minimum for us to remain competative for top four, and that would also all but assure survival at this level.

Agree. If we can do that then we can fully focus on giving the play off places a real go. 

6 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Snide,  low and unnescessary,  after what Hendry gave up coming to us and what he's done on the pitch.

A bit like his stamp on Tuesday :whistle

7 hours ago, Wildrover said:

I agree that our volunteers do a great job and we can't do without them, but to me the bottom line is that we are a football club and the success and failure is down to the players on the park, they are the ones over all the years of Raith Rovers that merit being in the hall of fame, they are the ones we recognise and support, I don't agree that others should be included, as I say just my opinion   

From memory I think a non-player in Ally Gourlay has been inducted but it might have just been a special award. Not sure. Anyway, not a huge deal as you say. There’s a volunteer/supporter award every year at the end of season so maybe that’s a better forum for it. 

Snide,  low and unnescessary,  after what Hendry gave up coming to us and what he's done on the pitch.

1: I think you need to lighten up. I’m pretty sure he was having a laugh.

2: What did he give up? He got released from Celtic and was a free transfer when we signed him.

After yesterday all I can say is Regan who?

You’re joking right? Regan is a fantastic player and could have signed for a higher level than our club. Yes he had a moment of madness in a frustrating game and saw red but he’s one of the best midfielders we’ve seen in Kirkcaldy in recent years. Spence was outstanding yesterday but he’s a very different player to Hendry.

59 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

From memory I think a non-player in Ally Gourlay has been inducted but it might have just been a special award. Not sure. Anyway, not a huge deal as you say. There’s a volunteer/supporter award every year at the end of season so maybe that’s a better forum for it. 

On a slightly different note, it's a real shame Ally isn't around in this age of streaming and the like. He would have been in his element chasing up former players etc. 

39 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

If England win the Euros this summer, maybe he could get his brother to donate a signed jersey. 

That would raise a good few quid for the Rovers' coffers. 

If that did happen, better get RDS to auction it in London, it’d make a lot more money down there.

if an England shirt wasn’t a possible I’m sure a signed Chelsea shirt would raise a right few quid.

I personally think Reagan would only leave for more money but to whom another championship club because I still think at the moment the bottom half of the premiership is still a step to far he would be better signing either for a 1 year or 2 year with us then moving on, My concern is regarding Lewis Vaughan I think he will move on if he  proves his fitness personally I think he should sign for 1year just to repay the faith the club has shown him over the last 3 years

20 hours ago, CALDERON said:

On a slightly different note, it's a real shame Ally isn't around in this age of streaming and the like. He would have been in his element chasing up former players etc. 

He truly would have loved this season. Coincidentally it'll have been five years this upcoming Saturday since he passed.