The New Raith Rovers Thread

Kai Kennedy is a revelation, great wee player who can look to scaling the heights, hopefully he'll get picked up by a decent Premiership team in England and not be wasted at one half of the ugly sisters[emoji849]

You mean like the club that’s nurtured and trained him to be the player he is the now [emoji849].If he’s good enough he will play for us fully expect him to be loaned to a premiership team next year to aid to his development unless he impresses pre season.

2 minutes ago, Gazzah said:

You mean like the club that’s nurtured and trained him to be the player he is the now emoji849.png.If he’s good enough he will play for us fully expect him to be loaned to a premiership team next year to aid to his development unless he impresses pre season.

So we will get him back then? Good good. 

Interesting from McGlynn’s post match interview he is still looking to add one more if the right player comes up, will be interesting to see what position he is looking at.

I reckon most people would want a centre back to come in but I can’t see it. If we did, we’d have 6 on the books. Bene has not been perfect. However, rightly or wrongly, I really don’t see McGlynn going out and bringing in a centre back to replace his captain at this stage of the season. 

That leaves me thinking it may be another winger as competition for Armstrong/Kennedy, particularly given McGlynn wanted to keep Ross and neither King or Abraham are replacements. I know Vaughan and Abraham can play there at a push but they are likely to be pushing for a start in other positions. Tough ask to bring someone in good enough to make an impact but happy enough to be back up, don’t see us being able to bring someone in of the quality to oust Kennedy and Armstrong from the 11. That was probably Aberdeen’s issue with Ross. A winger who could also cover full back would be ideal.

Will be interesting to see if McGlynn can get something over the line and which position it is. Aside from a pretty disastrous January window his first season back, his signings have really been excellent.

To put things into perspective 2 years ago, we were between a loss away to Brechin and a draw at home to Forfar with our 3 most attacking midfielders behind the main striker being Barjonas, Dingwall and Duggan. Now we have just won at Tynecastle and home to Dundee on back to back Saturdays scoring 6 goals across the two games and have an attacking trio of Vaughan, Armstrong and Kennedy, incredible turn around in quality.

57 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Interesting from McGlynn’s post match interview he is still looking to add one more if the right player comes up, will be interesting to see what position he is looking at.

I reckon most people would want a centre back to come in but I can’t see it. If we did, we’d have 6 on the books. Bene has not been perfect. However, rightly or wrongly, I really don’t see McGlynn going out and bringing in a centre back to replace his captain at this stage of the season. 

That leaves me thinking it may be another winger as competition for Armstrong/Kennedy, particularly given McGlynn wanted to keep Ross and neither King or Abraham are replacements. I know Vaughan and Abraham can play there at a push but they are likely to be pushing for a start in other positions. Tough ask to bring someone in good enough to make an impact but happy enough to be back up, don’t see us being able to bring someone in of the quality to oust Kennedy and Armstrong from the 11. That was probably Aberdeen’s issue with Ross. A winger who could also cover full back would be ideal.

Will be interesting to see if McGlynn can get something over the line and which position it is. Aside from a pretty disastrous January window his first season back, his signings have really been excellent.

To put things into perspective 2 years ago, we were between a loss away to Brechin and a draw at home to Forfar with our 3 most attacking midfielders behind the main striker being Barjonas, Dingwall and Duggan. Now we have just won at Tynecastle and home to Dundee on back to back Saturdays scoring 6 goals across the two games and have an attacking trio of Vaughan, Armstrong and Kennedy, incredible turn around in quality.

Yeah, the window two years ago really was grim. Was a case of bringing anyone we could get our hands on I think. 

After Wednesday we've a run against teams in the bottom half of the table. Notwithstanding that we can't expect to win all these games the teams in the top half won't win all theirs either, having to play each other. We should be optimisitc about being in a strong position come the end of the month

The half-time interview from yesterday, like a few of them, was actually just a snippet of a larger interview. Here is the full version, and includes a more in-depth chat with Keith Wright about his time at the Rovers. If you would rather listen to the interview in podcast form, it will go up later today (here is the link to the channel - https://anchor.fm/raithtv/ )

Want to just echo the praise for the Raith TV team. You can get used to stuff and take it for granted but every week is an absolute treat watching the streams. Great coverage and interviews. It’s great to see so many opposition fans complementing you every week on the stream. You’re representing our club brilliantly. Amazing to think it’s all done on a voluntary basis too. Personally once the Hall of Fame gets up and running again, you deserve a nomination. 

Edited by roverthemoon

1 hour ago, Roath Raver said:

The half-time interview from yesterday, like a few of them, was actually just a snippet of a larger interview. Here is the full version, and includes a more in-depth chat with Keith Wright about his time at the Rovers. If you would rather listen to the interview in podcast form, it will go up later today (here is the link to the channel - https://anchor.fm/raithtv/ )

2 Former Rovers there, Keithy and David Craig.

Recently, after a lot of raving about Duku there's been a bit of cooling down on him since Ugwu's perfomance at Tynecastle and the advent of Timmy -better-holding-up-the-ball-than-Duku Abraham yesterday. We're spoilt for decent forwards just now, but Duku's been a revelation despite not beings quite fit. 

1 hour ago, roverthemoon said:

Want to just echo the praise for the Raith TV team. You can get used to stuff and take it for granted but every week is an absolute treat watching the streams. Great coverage and interviews. It’s great to see so many opposition fans complementing you every week on the stream. You’re representing our club brilliantly. Amazing to think it’s all done on a voluntary basis too. Personally once the Hall of Fame gets up and running again, you deserve a nomination. 

Absolutely THIS!

2 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

Raith TV do a fantastic job, first class coverage and interviews but the HoF should be for players and management only, anything else devalues it  IMO

20 minutes ago, Wildrover said:

Raith TV do a fantastic job, first class coverage and interviews but the HoF should be for players and management only, anything else devalues it  IMO

Don’t agree. The supporters and volunteers are as much a part of our club than the players. If anything, they contribute more to the club over the course of their life than players and managers who come and go. The amount of work volunteers do around Stark’s Park in normal circumstances is phenomenal.  Raith TV, 200 Club, Roary Club etc. That’s the beauty of a club like Rovers. We’re all in it together. 

Not saying that any old volunteer should get in the Hall of Fame but those who go above and beyond should be recognised in some way. Raith TV are providing an excellent service and growing the reputation of our club. They are also bringing in cold hard cash to the club in difficult times. It’s becoming well known by opposition fans that our stream is worth the money so more away fans will be willing to fork out for it. The folk at Raith TV have their own families and challenges during COVID along with the rest of us but they’re still putting in the effort to keep us in touch with the club. That’s Hall of Fame worthy in my book, but just an opinion as you say 

5 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Don’t agree. The supporters and volunteers are as much a part of our club than the players. If anything, they contribute more to the club over the course of their life than players and managers who come and go. The amount of work volunteers do around Stark’s Park in normal circumstances is phenomenal.  Raith TV, 200 Club, Roary Club etc. That’s the beauty of a club like Rovers. We’re all in it together. 

Not saying that any old volunteer should get in the Hall of Fame but those who go above and beyond should be recognised in some way. Raith TV are providing an excellent service and growing the reputation of our club. They are also bringing in cold hard cash to the club in difficult times. It’s becoming well known by opposition fans that our stream is worth the money so more away fans will be willing to fork out for it. The folk at Raith TV have their own families and challenges during COVID along with the rest of us but they’re still putting in the effort to keep us in touch with the club. That’s Hall of Fame worthy in my book, but just an opinion as you say 

I agree. The quality of highlights and interviews provided under normal circumstances is one thing, but in this year, the RaithTV team have provided a connectivity that is almost unmatched at this level. I'm picking on them a little, but you only have to look at Inverness to see how the same exercise can be mishandled. 

From the club's point of view, RaithTV are bringing in income and the work the volunteers have put in has undoubtedly increased revenue for the Rovers versus the approach taken by other teams, but from a supporter's standpoint, they've minimised the impact of the pandemic to a level I wouldn't have thought possible. 

For keeping the fans involved in the face of this pandemic, I firmly believe the entire RaithTV team are worthy of a place in the Hall of Fame. 

5 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

I agree that our volunteers do a great job and we can't do without them, but to me the bottom line is that we are a football club and the success and failure is down to the players on the park, they are the ones over all the years of Raith Rovers that merit being in the hall of fame, they are the ones we recognise and support, I don't agree that others should be included, as I say just my opinion   

1 hour ago, Wildrover said:

Is that player management only i.e. the manager or coach, or does it include club management e.g. past directors or chairmen such as Alex Penman or Turnbull Hutton or stadium announcers such as Gordon Adamson being given a special award?

Why not recognise the Raith TV folk with a special award given at the first HoF that we're all allowed to attend? 

Also just my opinion on a way of publicly thanking them for their monumental efforts in these very difficult times.

52 minutes ago, Wildrover said:

I agree that our volunteers do a great job and we can't do without them, but to me the bottom line is that we are a football club and the success and failure is down to the players on the park, they are the ones over all the years of Raith Rovers that merit being in the hall of fame, they are the ones we recognise and support, I don't agree that others should be included, as I say just my opinion   

Same

Keith wright my hero back in the day ( favourite player ) mind being mascot and both he and smudger came into the boot room where I was getting ready lt would be like meeting messi now as a 10 year old , Great player and servant for the Rovers

Edited by basher brash

46 minutes ago, embow said:

Is that player management only i.e. the manager or coach, or does it include club management e.g. past directors or chairmen such as Alex Penman or Turnbull Hutton or stadium announcers such as Gordon Adamson being given a special award?

Why not recognise the Raith TV folk with a special award given at the first HoF that we're all allowed to attend? 

Also just my opinion on a way of publicly thanking them for their monumental efforts in these very difficult times.

Embow, players and management only in the HoF, directors, fans and volunteers could have an award if the club wishes.