The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

As I said a few weeks ago he was signing a pre contract but was told it wasnt going to be a Scottish club. Heard Brentford being mentioned.

f**k it, pre con. That's next season's problem.

Evening chaps, just wanted to hear your thoughts on Ross given the murmurs he may be coming back to the Dons? I was under the impression you guys thought he has been doing very well, so has been a bit disturbing to see him immediately dropped for the boy Kennedy. Is Kennedy better from what you've seen so far?

5 hours ago, TxRover said:

Given, as I understand it, the limits of two games a season from each park, I guessed at least 14 times from a possible 18 on the road...with the change to 27 games and only 13 or 14 away games, 11 or 12 is a good guess.

Still claiming that? 😂

6 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

Probably the exact reason we charged it tbh. The board knew our second games against Dunfermline and Hearts would be picked for TV so attempted to maximise the streaming revenue when they could.

6 hours ago, Frank conner said:

The BBC expect Hearts to win the league so i wouldnt be shocked to learn our home game on the last day of the season will be on tv.

It might yet be of course but I wouldn't expect your match with Hearts to be on tv which could be a huge bonus to you having avoided the first one too. You've fallen really lucky with the Hearts games. We get only one visit and it's televised so no PPV at all from them.

Hearts will have the league won long before the last game and they probably won't pick up the trophy at that game either. Assuming they've won it early enough they'll do that in their last home game. Unless there's nothing to play for elsewhere in the league I wouldn't think they'll pick up that one. A battle for a 4th playoff spot or to avoid relegation might be of more interest than Hearts getting their towels out for the beach.

2 hours ago, raith1974 said:

As I said a few weeks ago he was signing a pre contract but was told it wasnt going to be a Scottish club. Heard Brentford being mentioned.

Can't see that being the case at all, maybe about 4/5 years ago but Brentford are fishing in bigger ponds now, with his age he's too old to go into the B team aswell. 

Edited by Grant228

6 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Can't see that being the case at all, maybe about 4/5 years ago but Brentford are fishing in bigger ponds now, with his age he's too old to go into the B team aswell. 

Whatever happened to the boy from The Rangers that went to Brentford? 

Can't remember his name but he was their standout prospect during 'the journey'. 

15 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Whatever happened to the boy from The Rangers that went to Brentford? 

Can't remember his name but he was their standout prospect during 'the journey'. 

Lewis Mcleod? He got injured quite allot, sure he didn't play in the first two seasons at all, which was a hell of a long time to be out for during an important stage in his development. 

He would occasionally show flashes of quality here and there, but by and large games could, and would pass him by and he didn't really do anything, he couldn't really hold down a starting position. Released on a free and joined Wigan. 

I'd love a Scottish player to come in for Brentford aswell, at the moment there's only one and it's Steven Pressleys son! 

7 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Lewis Mcleod? He got injured quite allot, sure he didn't play in the first two seasons at all, which was a hell of a long time to be out for during an important stage in his development. 

He would occasionally show flashes of quality here and there, but by and large games could, and would pass him by and he didn't really do anything, he couldn't really hold down a starting position. Released on a free and joined Wigan. 

I'd love a Scottish player to come in for Brentford aswell, at the moment there's only one and it's Steven Pressleys son! 

Yeah that was him. Shame injuries seem to have limited his potential. 

He's now at Plymouth after not holding down a place at Wigan either. 

38 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Yeah that was him. Shame injuries seem to have limited his potential. 

He's now at Plymouth after not holding down a place at Wigan either. 

Shame, he seemed to have potential. 

There's a Raith fan who posts on here that also gets along to quite a few Brentford games, sure he might've had a season ticket. 

Aye, he's not Brentford standard. Play-off finalists last season and currently sitting 4th in the Championship. I think Henry's excellent but that's a bridge too far. 

Let's see where the rumours go then. What is more important is that we haven't sold him just because his boyhood club asked us to. Then again, I'm sure Hendry said in the past he didn't actually support a team growing up, so maybe it's a strategy we should keep employing. 

15 minutes ago, Rover1990 said:

Record reporting we are set to sign Adam King on loan from Dundee United.

Is he not a central midfielder? And also, not very good? Seems a strange signing, we’ll be light the next couple of games with Hendry suspended and Matthews possibly out but central midfield is probably the strongest area of the squad in terms of quality and depth. We have Hendry, Spencer, Matthews, Tait and Vaughan at a push who can play in there.

I trust McGlynn and will give the guy a chance etc etc but just seems an odd one. 

Edited by R.R.FC

1 minute ago, R.R.FC said:

Is he not a central midfielder? And also, not very good? Seems a strange signing, we’ll be light the next couple of games with Hendry suspended and Matthews possibly out but central midfield is probably the strongest area of the squad in terms of quality and depth. We have Hendry, Spencer, Matthews, Tait and Vaughan at a push who can play in there.

I trust McGlynn and will give the guy a chance etc etc but just seems an odd one. 

Thats what I was thinking as well we seem fine in there.  Maybe looking to push Vaughan out wide left or possible Matthews is worse than feared?

12 hours ago, raith1974 said:

I'm a Brentford season ticket holder and also a massive fan of Hendry but there's no chance this is happening.  Brentford are a club looking for promotion to the Premier League and he's not at that level yet and also wouldn't suit the tempo they play. Bradford would seem like a more realistic possibility.

Can't believe what I'm reading here. Brentford too good for Hendry? People have way too high an opinion of the English Championship. I'm pretty sure if the likes of Jordan fucking Thompson can play every week at championship level Reagan would have no problems at all making the grade down there. 

Edited by RR #1