The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, true_rover said:
2 hours ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Annoying in that it will cost us PPV money but I think the BBC contract is effectively that every team has 2 home games on. Can likely expect Hearts at home on the last day to also be on.

A bit of justice for that extra £2 you charged your illustrious neighbours a few weeks back

GIRFUY

9 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

A bit of justice for that extra £2 you charged your illustrious neighbours a few weeks back

GIRFUY

Probably the exact reason we charged it tbh. The board knew our second games against Dunfermline and Hearts would be picked for TV so attempted to maximise the streaming revenue when they could.

Commentators said during the Hearts game it was looking like our biggest streaming figures by a long way and thought the derby figures were around 3,500-4000 so whether you agree with it or not (I don’t) the board have probably made the right decision financially.

1 hour ago, true_rover said:
2 hours ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Annoying in that it will cost us PPV money but I think the BBC contract is effectively that every team has 2 home games on. Can likely expect Hearts at home on the last day to also be on.

1 hour ago, Frank conner said:

As soon as the fixtures came out the Hearts game at the end of the season was announced as a 7.45pm kick off on a Friday night.

Hearts away games at Ayr, QoS and Inverness are all Friday night games in February. I wonder how many times they’ll have been on by the time the season ends?

2 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Hearts away games at Ayr, QoS and Inverness are all Friday night games in February. I wonder how many times they’ll have been on by the time the season ends?

The BBC expect Hearts to win the league so i wouldnt be shocked to learn our home game on the last day of the season will be on tv.

32 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Given, as I understand it, the limits of two games a season from each park, I guessed at least 14 times from a possible 18 on the road...with the change to 27 games and only 13 or 14 away games, 11 or 12 is a good guess.

1 minute ago, Michael W said:

That's a shame, he had a lot to offer us and with Kennedy now in the picture too there were options if either he or Anderson weren't at the races. 

I thought it was a season long loan we had him on, or am I mistaken? 

Notes
19 year old Ethan Ross has been with the Pittodrie side since the age of 10, and his loan deal will run at Stark's Park until the end of the 2020-21 season.

That’s a blow. Really disappointed by that, with Armstrong/Kennedy/Vaughan/Ross we were shaping up very nicely for the places behind the striker.

Presuming Aberdeen have asked for it rather than us wanting rid. Looking for at least one player to come in now.

1 hour ago, Jack Jarvis, Esq said:

What’s this about Hendry leaving?

Rumour and innuendo...and given his recent sloppy play, surprising. Still rate him to move up after this year, but he’s looked pedestrian recently.

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

That's a shame, he had a lot to offer us and with Kennedy now in the picture too there were options if either he or Anderson weren't at the races. 

I thought it was a season long loan we had him on, or am I mistaken? 

Recalled by Aberdeen, but since he, Kennedy, Armstrong and Vaughan are all suited to the similar wide role, not the worst loss ever. I do suspect that Aberdeen saw the likely reduction of his playing time with Kennedy’s arrival, and elected to play the recall card.

My biggest concern now is Ugwu, and is this unfortunate or a sign of things to come...because his play in 45 minutes was quite exciting, and his goal was a sublime effort.