The New Raith Rovers Thread

8 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Regarding McCann, I watched many U20's and the last reserve league matches, he wasn't a regular starter and never really gave me cause to regret him not signing for us.

He would've been 16 at the time he was with Raith tbf. 

He has tremendous physical attributes, I think he'll have a career at some level, he does look very raw though, I don't think he's helped by us keeping him as a squad player rather than loaning him out to get game time. The way things currently are I can't see Raith regretting it too much. 

8 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

He would've been 16 at the time he was with Raith tbf. 

He has tremendous physical attributes, I think he'll have a career at some level, he does look very raw though, I don't think he's helped by us keeping him as a squad player rather than loaning him out to get game time. The way things currently are I can't see Raith regretting it too much. 

Out of the FEFA lads that played for the Rovers, there were 3 or 4 signed for the Pars, the only one that stuck out was (if I get his name right) Lewis Crosby.

4 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Out of the FEFA lads that played for the Rovers, there were 3 or 4 signed for the Pars, the only one that stuck out was (if I get his name right) Lewis Crosby.

Great memory, surname was spelt Crosbie but that's an easy mistake to make, was one of the players released at the end of last season. 

Sure he suffered a pretty bad knee injury while on loan at the Primrose. 

8 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Great memory, surname was spelt Crosbie but that's an easy mistake to make, was one of the players released at the end of last season. 

Sure he suffered a pretty bad knee injury while on loan at the Primrose. 

He looked pretty decent but fucked his knee up playing for primrose(whilst scoring) and never got fit.  Peterhead gave him a trial but doesn’t seem to have worked out.  Missing a important year in development then trying to find a club during Covid must be very difficult. 

You are right although the dirty scum along the road probably will cheat through this as well.

Banter so shite even the Pars fans mostly ignored it.

Bad news about the Covid out break hopefully no one gets it too bad as I wouldn’t wish it on anyone. Gutted no match today after the last couple of call offs I was looking forward to the game and a few beers but at the moment it’s really not that important compared to people’s health and I guess it gives us a chance of getting the injured lads back so silver linings and all that. We’re lucky to still be playing at all just now.

39 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

Can anyone point me in the direction with a link to the Vaughan interview that was on K107 a few weeks back? I think there was possibly another player interviewed also.

Cheers in advance.

Go into Fantalk Mediawatch.

All the links are listed there. Not sure which is the Lewis one.

Not sure if this is ‘news’ or not but the club have confirmed that ‘We look forward to playing in Saturday’s fixture against Hearts at Tynecastle’. I had thought it would have been in doubt, depending on the dates of last week’s positive tests, so that is good news .

Given we will have only played 2 games in over 6 weeks by Saturday I am expecting a bit of a doing. However, that would likely be the case even if we were at full fitness so it is probably a decent enough game to build the fitness back without the risk of dropping ‘unexpected’ points.

Hopefully all staff and players concerned are making full recoveries and fingers crossed they were all asymptomatic with no long lasting effects.

Edited by R.R.FC

25 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Someone get John McGlynn on the telly to blame everyone else for our positive Covid tests. Needs to go full Neil Lennon.

You should NEVER go full Neil Lennon.

Edited by R.R.FC

1 hour ago, R.R.FC said:

Not sure if this is ‘news’ or not but the club have confirmed that ‘We look forward to playing in Saturday’s fixture against Hearts at Tynecastle’. I had thought it would have been in doubt, depending on the dates of last week’s positive tests, so that is good news .

Given we will have only played 2 games in over 6 weeks by Saturday I am expecting a bit of a doing. However, that would likely be the case even if we were at full fitness so it is probably a decent enough game to build the fitness back without the risk of dropping ‘unexpected’ points.

Hopefully all staff and players concerned are making full recoveries and fingers crossed they were all asymptomatic with no long lasting effects.

I'm guessing we're expecting the players who were self isolating before the test results will all be available assuming they don't subsequently test positive. The ones who tested positive after the round of testing might be touch and go although if they were tested on the Tuesday 10 days takes them up to this Friday. 

2 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

Most of the players are apparently out of isolation today.

Just now, WSDR 88 said:

Haven’t seen a match thread yet, but £18.50 - f**k me! Hertz clearly after the blue pound to claim back some of they legal fees from the summer... IMG_8973.jpg

Not to mention the reported £200K they spunked out on getting Neilson from the Arabs.

13 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

Haven’t seen a match thread yet, but £18.50 - f**k me! Hertz clearly after the blue pound to claim back some of they legal fees from the summer... IMG_8973.jpg

Yeah, I'll be giving that a miss. 

Although even if it had been £8.50 I wouldn't gave given them a penny.