The New Raith Rovers Thread

27 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Not really, it’s obvious McGlynn doesn’t think he’s up to it in training, or breaks down again with injury. That was merely my meaning. 

How is it obvious? 

1 hour ago, renton said:

How is it obvious? 

If he was fit, he would be playing on a regular basis. He’s either not fit enough, or doesn’t suit the formation. Or not good enough. If you have an alternative view I’d love to hear it. 

43 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

So you think he will actually play? 

The Tchimbakala reference was he was on the verge of fitness to play,  then broke down again in training. Don’t know why that seems to be upsetting a few of you. 

If he was fit, he would be playing on a regular basis. He’s either not fit enough, or doesn’t suit the formation. Or not good enough. If you have an alternative view I’d love to hear it. 

He’s been on the bench the last three league games, so I’m guessing he’s getting back to something approaching a decent level of fitness, so I’ll go for your option a.

That doesn’t mean to say we aren’t going to see him though.

1 minute ago, McGuigan1978 said:

He’s been on the bench the last three league games, so I’m guessing he’s getting back to something approaching a decent level of fitness, so I’ll go for your option a.

That doesn’t mean to say we aren’t going to see him though.

Tbh, that’s all I was  meaning. I want to see Ugwu get his chance. I want to see Vaughan get through this terrible affliction and contribute for his club. I’m sure Ugwu and Vaughan are desperate to get back in action. 

Tbh, that’s all I was  meaning. I want to see Ugwu get his chance. I want to see Vaughan get through this terrible affliction and contribute for his club. I’m sure Ugwu and Vaughan are desperate to get back in action. 

Had a quick check, and Ugwu has played almost 70 games over last couple of seasons, so doesn’t look like the type of player who suffers from injury concerns* So hopefully we get to see him soon.

*Appreciate that probably counts for nought once you sign for ourselves.

47 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Duku is on form and therefore the starting striker. Lokotsch has more match fitness and loaning clubs tend to look less kindly on the clubs getting the player not giving them minutes. 

Duku may be technically fit but Lokotsch will be above him due to the factors I mentioned above. Introducing him in tight games would constitute a higher risk than Lokotsch. 

Edited by renton

12 minutes ago, renton said:

Duku is on form and therefore the starting striker. Lokotsch has more match fitness and loaning clubs tend to look less kindly on the clubs getting the player not giving them minutes. 

Duku may be technically fit but Lokotsch will be above him due to the factors I mentioned above. Introducing him in tight games would constitute a higher risk than Lokotsch.

Thats all I needed to know.

1 hour ago, renton said:

You mean Ugwu? Getting your U's in a twist. 

I'm fine with persevering with Lokotsch, he just needs minutes. 

You mean Ugwu? Getting your U's in a twist. 
I'm fine with persevering with Lokotsch, he just needs minutes. 
Lokotsch should have impressed against Ayr. He didn't. He showed some glimpses and held the ball at times, but a player of that level should be able to stand out in the championship.

Lokotsch should have impressed against Ayr. He didn't. He showed some glimpses and held the ball at times, but a player of that level should be able to stand out in the championship.

I think Loko looks the type of player that needs to be playing in a two. He doesn’t seem to fit the lone striker role. From what I’ve seen of him, he likes to drop deep, run the channels etc. As someone else said, he’s been a stop gap signing.

On 21/12/2020 at 12:29, renton said:

^^^Very much this^^^
I would be very surprised if we don't have some contractual obligation to play Lars, perhaps we may have to pay a bigger wedge of the Livvi man’s wages if we didn’t give him game time?
I don’t think the way are setting up allows for 2 up front (that might change if we are behind and chasing the game)  and for some of the reasons Renton states that is probably why Gozi isn’t getting any game time.  
LL has been fairly underwhelming during his loan, am I right in thinking it’s just until January? I would be surprised if he’s still with us in Feb.

Edited by Scottydog

2 hours ago, Scottydog said:

^^^Very much this^^^
I would be very surprised if we don't have some contractual obligation to play Lars, perhaps we may have to pay a bigger wedge of the Livvi man’s wages if we didn’t give him game time?
I don’t think the way are setting up allows for 2 up front (that might change if we are behind and chasing the game)  and for some of the reasons Renton states that is probably why Gozi isn’t getting any game time.  
LL has been fairly underwhelming during his loan, am I right in thinking it’s just until January? I would be surprised if he’s still with us in Feb.

Lars is, I believe, on loan until 17-1-2021...so Alloa, QoS, Pars, Dees and ICT are all possible appearances. As for playing, 244 minutes over five games isn't a really small amount, he's played some in all but one or two games he was eligble for.