The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I can't remember the last time I saw a footballer who embodies the phrase "Jack of all trades, master of none" as well as Tony Dingwall. He's too slow to be a winger, he's not technical enough as a number 10, never a centre forward and you'd be hard pressed to have him as a centre midfielder. And yet he probably filled in all of those positions at some point: even after a spell of just over a season with us I have no idea what his best position is. I don't think he'll ever look the same talent as the one Ross County fans saw before his injury. 

True enough, but every once in  a while he’d have a sublime moment that made you thing the corner was turned. A perfect outlet pass to put someone in on goal, a perfectly weighted cross, etc. Hopefully he finds his place and continues to play.

1 hour ago, San Starko Rover said:

No football ☹️well this sucks.

Aye tell me about it, in previous times when we hadn’t a game I’d sometimes head along to nae view for a laugh and a decent pie if nowt else.

sooo  twenty past two and £12.50 lighter I’m on the couch watching the Loons at Methil, I think I must be sickening for something, you better get Dave to open his dispensing  cabinet and get some medicine out......maybe an Islay??.

12 months ago we were in Montrose I thin,k, no?

8 minutes ago, TxRover said:

True enough, but every once in  a while he’d have a sublime moment that made you thing the corner was turned. A perfect outlet pass to put someone in on goal, a perfectly weighted cross, etc. Hopefully he finds his place and continues to play.

This is the kind of thing I was thinking about. There was a game at Airdrie where he came off the bench late on, and he was everywhere. Looked every bit a Premiership player who was just down on his luck. But then he didn't build on it. He flitted from one spark of possible quality to another. Always looked half an inch away from being excellent, but could never bridge that final gap. 

26 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Results elsewhere going nicely for us though.

22 minutes ago, embow said:

They'll only benefit us as long as we don't mess up away at Alloa or against QoS before hitting a hard set of January fixtures.

Suddenly Pars on the come back and Dundee collapsing😲

4 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I'd still prefer the bottom 3 to keep on losing if I'm honest. 

The cat is very much among the pigeons with today’s results. The QoS fans would say that 10th is now assured, but the mixed results today do suit us rather well. I still suspect we’re destined for 5th or 6th, but a win next week would certainly be nice and put us about halfway to pretty certain Championship play next year.

Not a bad weekend for us lost a place to Morton but still top 4, need to be up for it next week against Alloa and hopefully today’s result ensures our players aren’t complacent there as Alloa are no mugs. Just to add Dundee [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

33 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

And how is that going for us? He’s not going to get fit without playing a single minute. emoji848.png

Ugwu is the embodiment of Jules Tchimbakala if you ask me. He won’t play at all. 

Edited by baillieinleeds