The New Raith Rovers Thread

48 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

Davo being out for that long is a big blow. Hopefully we can get someone in on loan. 

Loans are closed until the January window...would need to be an unsigned player. Maybe time to call a  trailist (did we try any out at LB or CB?), at least for depth. As for Tait at CB, he’s an attacking mid, so Hendry would be a “better” choice...but he’s a little unconvincing at defending.

3 hours ago, TxRover said:

Loans are closed until the January window...would need to be an unsigned player. Maybe time to call a  trailist (did we try any out at LB or CB?), at least for depth. As for Tait at CB, he’s an attacking mid, so Hendry would be a “better” choice...but he’s a little unconvincing at defending.

Tait or Hendry at centre back? What madness is this? 

Next you'll be telling me Scotland have qualified for the Euros. 

Are we allowed to use trialists in the Scottish championship these days? I know that the last time we were here, you weren’t.

You were allowed to use them in League One and League Two but not the championship.

Anyway, why are you even mentioning the possibility of Tait or Hendry at CB? [emoji23]

We still have Bene, Mendy, Musonda

I’m sure Aaron Arnott played a game or 2 at fullback as a trialist( could be wrong there though) as well.

We’ve also played Dan Armstrong at Fullback as well in the past. Plus MacDonald should be back next week, with still 3 CH’s for the 2 positions, we’re not in desperate need to play either of our 2 best players out of position at CH.

Trialists 72. Trialists are not eligible to Play for a Club in League Matches in the Premiership and in the Championship, League Cup Matches, Matches in the Challenge Cup, League Matches in any Season on or after 1 April in that Season and in Play-Off Matches and otherwise and subject to compliance with the Rules and Regulations Trialists are eligible to Play in Official Matches.

6 minutes ago, philpy said:

Anyone heard any word on how the gaffer is??? 

No. You going to go round and chap him up?

Mind and keep your distance. Probably best to wear a mask. Maybe a balaclava? Give him something to think on.

I get the impression folks didn't gauge the magnitude of having his gall bladder removed, I think when the Doctor said he be in hospital for a few days that he maybe thought he'd be it and he'd be back in some capacity to work within the week.

Gall bladder removal is major surgery and is usually the best part of a week in hospital followed by 2 weeks total rest and about 6-8 weeks before a full return to normal unless there's complications. 

Hopefully there's been no complications and we'll see John back at SP for the Pars game.

Edited by Scottydog

Regarding versatility, Ross Matthews has played at Right back in the past and though I'd not want to lose him from an effective midfield he is an option. Unfortunately  its Macca that injured not Tumilty and although Macca can (and has) played centre back I'm not sure Tumilty ever has.

I think we are looking at a back 3 today of Tumilty, Mendy and Musonda.

5 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Are we allowed to use trialists in the Scottish championship these days? I know that the last time we were here, you weren’t.

You were allowed to use them in League One and League Two but not the championship.

Anyway, why are you even mentioning the possibility of Tait or Hendry at CB? emoji23.png

We still have Bene, Mendy, Musonda

I’m sure Aaron Arnott played a game or 2 at fullback as a trialist( could be wrong there though) as well.

We’ve also played Dan Armstrong at Fullback as well in the past. Plus MacDonald should be back next week, with still 3 CH’s for the 2 positions, we’re not in desperate need to play either of our 2 best players out of position at CH.

I suggested we sign a trailist, if we had seen one that looked capable of providing depth.

A previous poster suggested Tait at CB, I simply noted Hendry was slightly more attuned to the demands of the role.

Armstrong was already mentioned as an option (although my autocomplete plugged in Anderson).

4 hours ago, TxRover said:

A previous poster suggested Tait at CB, I simply noted Hendry was slightly more attuned to the demands of the role.

A previous poster (Paco) suggested that Tait would come into the starting line-up in place of Bene. He did not say that Tait would be playing at CB.

Tait is back so I suspect he’ll come in for Bene, with Armstrong to LB and Tait on the wing.

Question for the knowledgeable, always annoys me when fans of clubs are more interested in how many of their club players playing for Scotland than in the actual team. Something we don’t have an issue with but who was the last Rovers player capped by Scotland while playing for Raith at the time?

Question for the knowledgeable, always annoys me when fans of clubs are more interested in how many of their club players playing for Scotland than in the actual team. Something we don’t have an issue with but who was the last Rovers player capped by Scotland while playing for Raith at the time?

Was stevie crawford not called up to under 21s whilst with us?

11 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

No. You going to go round and chap him up?

Mind and keep your distance. Probably best to wear a mask. Maybe a balaclava? Give him something to think on.

Philpy should wear a balaclava when meeting anyone, ugly fecker, @philpy pulling your leg bud 😁