The New Raith Rovers Thread

56 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

If it was a straight choice between Dunfermline winning the league or Hearts, then let me grow a moustache and call me Norrie. 

The (temporary, I'm sure) elevation of our dear neighbours would be a small price to pay for the utterly hilarious headloss in Gorgie. 

We'd just swallow the bile 🤭 

Then give a huge smile😀

Edited by embow

5 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

If it was a straight choice between Dunfermline winning the league or Hearts, then let me grow a moustache and call me Norrie. 

The (temporary, I'm sure) elevation of our dear neighbours would be a small price to pay for the utterly hilarious headloss in Gorgie. 

We won't be troubling Hearts for long sadly, our main hope was Dundee, but alas, McPake. 

I reckon if they had Robertson they'd win the league. 

6 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I'll leave that one up to you. 

No fkn way I'm growing my hair long and asking to be called John Watson. 

That would be a step too far. 

20 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:
23 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

I remember him getting hit with a snowball at the home end during a particularly wintry new year game at Le Parc du Stark.

Remember it well in fact I'm sure it was my mate that threw it.

12 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

I'm sure they were hit with a barrage of snowballs from the bottom end terrace. 

I think smacking Watson in the pus with the snowball is up there in folklore with breaking the Wembley goals in 1977 - everyone knows someone who did it. 

34 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

It happened as the teams were setting up to attack/defend a corner from the railway stand corner.

I was with my dad in the terrace next to the railway stand when the fun started. A young lad close to us saw the snowballs start to fly and belted away to join in, there was a large pile of snow (ammunition)  heaped in the corner. The young guy actually hit Watson on the back of the head/neck with his first throw.

Great effort but doesnae top the time at EEP Cammy Fraser dumped JW on his bahooky then after offering a Watson his hand thumbed his nose at him.

It happened as the teams were setting up to attack/defend a corner from the railway stand corner.
I was with my dad in the terrace next to the railway stand when the fun started. A young lad close to us saw the snowballs start to fly and belted away to join in, there was a large pile of snow (ammunition)  heaped in the corner. The young guy actually hit Watson on the back of the head/neck with his first throw.
Great effort but doesnae top the time at EEP Cammy Fraser dumped JW on his bahooky then after offering a Watson his hand thumbed his nose at him.
Saw that too. Classic. Did we win 1-0 with a goal from Ian Thomson?

On 02/11/2020 at 19:08, Specky Ginger said:

What a fucking great pantomime villain Watson was.

“Bonnie Langford you’re a w****r, you’re a w****r.”

Can’t find a decent image of him, in colour, in full flow with his orange perm mullet on the go. Shame. The Pars strip being black and white made his hair look super orange.

9B76F994-37CC-4C74-8BD6-7A4D580857AA.jpeg

Edited by Scary Bear

3 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:
3 hours ago, Scottydog said:

Saw that too. Classic. Did we win 1-0 with a goal from Ian Thomson?

It was a late header from Daz at their end. 

Jock McStay crossed it. 

I'm sure that was Paul Sweeney's last competitive game for the Rovers and he was simply awesome that day.