The New Raith Rovers Thread

Probably get a roasting for this but I reckon all Championship teams should be charging more for game streams.

If you consider the majority of teams would normally be charging upwards of £18 for games and if (like me) you have more than one supporter in the house then the Covid 19-20 armchair supporter is really scoring at the football clubs expense.

By my reckoning last Saturday my son and I would have spent somewhere in the region of £80 (Transport £30, Admission £36, Prog's £2, food  to go to Palmerston if we'd had that option.  Instead we both sat and watched the game with several tins of Innes & Gunn and 2 steak pies, all in all just north of £20 and while the inner Fifer in me is rejoicing outwardly I know it's unsustainable for football clubs at our level.

I know there's a counter arguments, one being that the clubs are saving money on stewarding cost's etc but surely they are losing far more in lost revenue due to no corporate hospitality? Another argument could be that concessions would be slightly out of pocket but that'd be a swings and roundabout thing for me, some you win etc.

I would be happy with a flat rate of £15/stream as long as the stream is of decent quality and the camera isn't fixated on the Lino's cranium, I don't think £15 is too much to pay for the product as long as it meets the right criteria.

Some decent news on the injury front at least. 

Out of the players injured last week only MacDonald is a doubt for Saturday it seems, while Vaughan has had another injection to try and clear the scar tissue and Ugwu is still 2-3 weeks away from being ready. 

Our home match with Dundee has been moved to Tuesday 12th January to avoid a clash with the Scottish Cup. 
I assume there is a confidence that some fans will be allowed by then as otherwise surely the sensible thing would have been to bring it forward to 28th November which is now a free Saturday for the whole league.

A good versatile player,noted for scoring crackers. Hope everything turns out well for him. Does anyone know if he's still refereeing games ? This is about Gando don't know why it didn't submit it when I posted itah well modern technology eh!

Edited by steakngravy
pass

1 hour ago, true_rover said:
1 hour ago, Specky Ginger said:
Our home match with Dundee has been moved to Tuesday 12th January to avoid a clash with the Scottish Cup. 

I assume there is a confidence that some fans will be allowed by then as otherwise surely the sensible thing would have been to bring it forward to 28th November which is now a free Saturday for the whole league.

Only a free Saturday for all if nobody gets through to the 2nd round of the Betfred Cup!

So, after his standing down as chairman, Bill Clark was terminated as a director of Raith Rovers Football Club Ltd on 23 August. 

He's just been re-appointed as a director yesterday. 

I still don't really have a feeling for what went down earlier in the year, but it would appear bridges weren't burnt. 

12 hours ago, Scottydog said:

Probably get a roasting for this but I reckon all Championship teams should be charging more for game streams.

Not for me. The product is so different, the price of attending a game in person is barely a reference point.

The streams have not been universally praised, and most people experience dropping connection or buffering - whoever's fault that is.

Goodwill has been vital between fans and clubs in the period before games could be played. Clubs all know we're far from a return to that and they can't be back rattling the tin to fans who feel ripped off.

Lastly, consider how easy it is to get an 'unofficial' stream of a televised game. If it cost over the odds to get into Stark's and it was easy to sneak in... a lot of people would.

So, after his standing down as chairman, Bill Clark was terminated as a director of Raith Rovers Football Club Ltd on 23 August. 
I still don't really have a feeling for what went down earlier in the year, but it would appear bridges weren't burnt. 

Where have you read this? At least going by this it doesn’t seem if it was health issues like most of us had presumed.

1 hour ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Sim will nominate him as chairman any day now.

1 hour ago, L. Brilliant said:

Not for me. The product is so different, the price of attending a game in person is barely a reference point.

The streams have not been universally praised, and most people experience dropping connection or buffering - whoever's fault that is.

Goodwill has been vital between fans and clubs in the period before games could be played. Clubs all know we're far from a return to that and they can't be back rattling the tin to fans who feel ripped off.

Lastly, consider how easy it is to get an 'unofficial' stream of a televised game. If it cost over the odds to get into Stark's and it was easy to sneak in... a lot of people would.

Not for me either. I’ve paid my season ticket anyway, but for away games £10/£12 is about the maximum I’ll pay for 90 minutes watching a game on my laptop in the house.

If I’m not physically at the game then I don’t really have an excuse not to be running my kids to clubs or taking them to the park or whatever (thankfully birthday parties are out) so I end up only seeing about 30/45 minutes of games anyway.

Edited by Scary Bear